Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Resident Hyaena - 05-05-2020

Still waiting on mine. Especially needed now since I just became unemployed, blew out a coolant pump oil seal, and will be getting a paltry 81 dollars unemployment a week.

And no, if you get even just a dollar in state unemployment, no 600 dollar federal unemployment payment as has been touted these past weeks as being part of the CARES package.

Similar story with my tax return. The IRS website says that because of Covid 19 closure of their processing centers, that paper returns are not being processed until further notice.

Not even counting the big businesses that hogged up to the trough that was intended for small businesses.

Admittedly unfair, as I am guessing that actual Hogs are probably better behaved than their big-business namesakes.

Resident Hyaena ^..^

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 05-05-2020

I worry a bit about the folks here who have mental illnesses like I have. As anti-social as I am, I hadn't realized how much the little day to day or week to week contact with others I had meant to my well-being. During the day it's easy, as I said above, busy hands and there's a lot to do here. Even the early phases of the night this time of year. But with PTSD, and depression already about Shadow that usually hits in the night, I find COVID causing thoughts of being somewhat lonely and cut off. Unusual for me. I'm handling them, as I handle the others, but it's difficult some nights. I just wanted to remind others with those thoughts, you aren't alone in them nor really alone. We're always here, someone's likely here to chat with by post or PM or something. Maybe we can try to log in a bit more just in case someone needs it, but there's usually someone checking here..

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 05-05-2020

I hate to prescribe to other people, but you need to get another dog.  Or 2.  There's a reason dogs are support animals.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 05-05-2020

BTW, my check came.  By snail mail.  

So far nothing from the self-employed unemployment program.  Which as RH above, is Diddly and/or Squat anyway... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Oregon - 05-05-2020

I am usually about every day for a few hours min, so if anyone just wants to chat, just throw me a pm.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 05-06-2020

Quote:
21 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I hate to prescribe to other people, but you need to get another dog.  Or 2.  There's a reason dogs are support animals.

I have two HH, and three horses, 4 sheep (with lambs atm) and several ducks. Support animals alone don't always 'cut it' for folks, thus my post. I handle it, most times, with-out going too far over the edge because of the support I have here. Not every member here is as fortunate right now.

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 05-06-2020

Quote:
21 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

BTW, my check came.  By snail mail.  

So far nothing from the self-employed unemployment program.  Which as RH above, is Diddly and/or Squat anyway... 

Mine showed up added into my VA disability comp check. 

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Bear28 - 05-06-2020

Well check is finally in. At least my rent is paid now.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Oregon - 05-06-2020

Quote:
1 hour ago, Bear28 said:

At least my rent is paid now.

Good news! One less thing to worry about.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Resident Hyaena - 05-09-2020

Some good news here also, the $1,200 stimulus check arrived.

Almost didn't get here though. I found a crescent abraded through the bottom edge of the envelope and the check itself. Apparently it fell out of part of the sorting equipment, and lodged against a rotating spindle.

If it had bound, it would have been pulled-in and destroyed, and I would've probably begun checking on it some weeks from now, then jumping through hoops & tangles of red tape, and who-knows-what, then probably only getting it months from now, if at all.

But it survived, so now the rent is paid.

Now to see if anything happens with unemployment payments.

Resident Hyaena ^..^