Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 05-09-2020

Quote:
On 4/30/2020 at 5:15 AM, heavyhorse said:

And yes, they ALREADY track you through your cellphone.  Have for years.

Yes, and no.  Yes they can, but it's not an active thing that goes on unless you are a "person of interest."

Unless you mean for advertisers, which of course, our soul is gone long ago.

Can't say how I know this, but I do.

And yeah I got my check.  It went straight into healthcare bills.  Feels like socialized medicine without the benefits, frankly.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 05-09-2020

Quote:
On 4/29/2020 at 8:25 AM, silverwolf1 said:

You were meant to laugh. 

sw

It has to be funny first.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 05-09-2020

Quote:
1 hour ago, cervids said:

It has to be funny first.

Ah, there are levels of 'funny' in satire. We'll just agree it was in bad taste and perhaps poorly done, and I'll apologize. I felt it humorous given my known background and the turn of the conversation above it, but I may have read the atmosphere wrong. I usually am accused of that by someone..

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 05-09-2020

Quote:
1 hour ago, silverwolf1 said:

Ah, there are levels of 'funny' in satire. We'll just agree it was in bad taste and perhaps poorly done, and I'll apologize. I felt it humorous given my known background and the turn of the conversation above it, but I may have read the atmosphere wrong. I usually am accused of that by someone..

sw

OH shit, you wouldn't believe the list of crap I get accused of.   All of it beyond ridiculous BTW, never been accused of bitch-riding or sheep-shagging, so all good. 

And I wouldn't have posted the bit about the accusation that vaccines have tracking chips in solution if it wasn't so absurd as to be funny, and actually published as someone believing it.   So yeah I meant for it to be funny.

As for cellphones, yes it has to be funny first, and it's not.  And yes they track you all the time; it's how the cell system works.  It knows where you are, where you go, when and for how long.   That's how it knows which tower to route your calls through.  And it's all logged, for usage and billing.  And since '01, kept forever by law.  So if you ever become a "person of interest" it's all there, they just need a warrant.  

The Boston marathon bomber was convicted in large part on the basis of 2-year-old snapchats from system logs.  They weren't "persons of interest" 2 years prior....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - threelegs - 05-09-2020

I got my stimulus check on 04/29, since I'm on SS. Didn't expect it that early, but it allowed me to make the biggest credit card payment I've ever had, most of it going to an as-yet-unfinished dental procedure which has been delayed twice now. That big payoff (the whole outstanding balance) only happened because I haven't been buying much, and don't as a matter of habit, so I had just accumulated a lot in my checking account. I'd actually been expecting to have to raid my savings for some of it. I don't let myself carry an unpaid balance on the cc, so I pay no interest and even get cash back.

Beyond that, I'm not much affected by this whole mess--yet. I wear masks when shopping and it's hard to find chili on the shelves. But I've enjoyed things being quieter with less traffic.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 05-13-2020

my check came a couple a days ago...at least that is when i checked my ss card...whoo hoo...the trump admin is on a roll...over a big cliff...test me baby test me...

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 05-14-2020

Progress!  

Don't spend it all in one place..... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 05-14-2020

shit who said i was gonna spend it now...i am gonna use it to take a vacation inbetween the first and the second wave...maybe in sept/oct...gonna go see my cousin in boulder...

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 05-24-2020

I got my bank statement.  There's $5500.00 m/l that wasn't there before.  Apparently the "Unemployment for the Self Employed" came through.  One big deposit and 2 smaller ones, seemingly random amounts.  I'm guessing retroactive.

That will come in handy for projects while I'm waiting this thing out.  Efficiency and capacity upgrades to the heating system and backup power generator that have been on hold..... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Dane layer - 05-24-2020

Nothing has really changed for me, just a little less traffic that's about it.