Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 09-26-2020

Quote:
On 9/24/2020 at 6:45 PM, silverwolf1 said:

I live on Mt. Dew. Lots and lots of Mt. Dew. Coffee just ain't strong enough anymore..

sw

I only drink the Diet Mountain Dew.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - caikgoch - 09-27-2020

Quote:
6 hours ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

I only drink the Diet Mountain Dew.

Yep.   If you have to go the no sugar route, their diet is by far the best of the bunch.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 09-27-2020

just coffee and water for me...gave up milk years ago...liquid cow fat just turned me off...pop well its got so much bad stuff in it...like high fructose corn syrup...that i just had to give it up...

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 09-29-2020

Quote:
On 9/27/2020 at 1:15 PM, shortleash said:

gave up milk years ago

I have not had cow's milk either. What about Soy Milk, or Almond Milk?

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 10-04-2020

hbotb i have not tried them...maybe i should...now would be a good time to try new things...

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-04-2020

Cows use about 4.5 gallons of water and 3.5 Lbs dry matter to make a gallon of milk.

Almonds take about 72 gallons of water to make a gallon of almond milk.

(Most almonds come from California; most of their water comes from the Colorado River.)    It's mostly made of water, sugar, carrageenan and sunflower lecithin?  That’s the premise of a new false advertising lawsuit, which claims that Blue Diamond almond milk, sold as Almond Breeze, contains a scant 2 percent almonds. (About 61 almonds/gallon)   (Google)

Juuuuust sayin' .....  

And from a purely objective perspective, cows are more fun......  

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 10-08-2020

ok so maybe i won't try them....i mean it is all just water and trace elements right...i think cows have better purposes if you know what i mean....ok ok i meant steaks...

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-08-2020

Quote:
On 10/8/2020 at 10:52 AM, shortleash said:

ok so maybe i won't try them....i mean it is all just water and trace elements right...i think cows have better purposes if you know what i mean....ok ok i meant steaks...

Haven't had a steak in years.  Not saying I'm vegan; far from it.

Just saying the last time I paid $24 a Lb for something, it had a LED screen.....  [Image: 5f7f61120dd1a_ScreenShot2020-10-08at1_52...0d3df3.png]

The prices below are for our conventional beef cuts. Prices for grass fed beef are about $1 lb. higher.   Berlin, NJ

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 10-10-2020

Quote:
On 10/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, heavyhorse said:

The prices below are for our conventional beef cuts. Prices for grass fed beef are about $1 lb. higher.   Berlin, NJ

I go halves now with a neighbor raising a steer every 2 years or so. Haven't bought beef in a store in decades. Before I did halves, I raised my own. I never named 'em or made pets out of them, wouldn't have been fair to 'em, but I never did like the idea of anonymous killing done for my survival. My dad was a Butcher. We grew up knowing where our meat came from, on the farm and off. I spent a fair bit of my youth in the slaughterhouse and stockyard, and the auction-house. I know where the stores get their meat, and I don't want it. If there's something I want I don't have in my freezer, there's a responsible slaughterhouse down the mountain where the owner knows me and will let me cut my own out of what I choose.

I hunt too (deer, grouse, rabbit), and fish, so beef isn't on the menu all the time, and share raise a hog as well as raise my own ducks and a meat lamb or two (never eat chicken, nasty things). Apologies to the Vegans, but I am a Wolf after all..

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-10-2020

Quote:
4 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

chicken, nasty things

LOL.  I guess everyone should do stuff at least once, just so they know how things work.  When we were little kids, we did the chickens thing.  Chopping block, "running around with their heads cut off", scalding in boiling water, plucking feathers.  It was a clusterfrack of epic proportions; kids and dogs covered in wet shitty feathers, gut barrels, and the smell.  A valuable lesson indeed.  Now I have no fowl of any kind.  Coyote candy.  

We hunted wild game back then, I still have my first gun, a single shot .22 / .410, iron sights (with an absurdly short stock), I can still shoot squirrels and rabbits at a hundred yards, awkward since I'm right handed but have to shoot with the left eye the last several years.  Really good eatin'.  But these days, after the game is dead and the oxygen stops, the worms and grubs coming out of them ...... Total freak-out.  I just can't get OK with that.  Just no.

There's a local store, across the road and up one block from walmart, "Known For Our Meats".  Custom cutting for free if you ask.  Less than you pay for live plus custom processing.   Fresh fish too, and way better produce for less than walmart or (gawd forbid) Aldi.  Give the local places a try.