Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 10-16-2020

Quote:
7 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Mmmm-- Soylent Green!  

It's a cookbook!

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-16-2020

Now the cows can relax.... 

[Image: D8ekxcxXoAAQoRx.jpg.7548a1e240696615765b...5a81dd.jpg]

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 10-17-2020

Quote:
On 10/15/2020 at 11:59 PM, heavyhorse said:

Now the cows can relax.... 

[Image: D8ekxcxXoAAQoRx.jpg.7548a1e240696615765b...5a81dd.jpg]

Dave's daughter saved on burial costs, and it took off from there...

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 10-17-2020

Quote:
On 9/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, caikgoch said:

Yep.   If you have to go the no sugar route, their diet is by far the best of the bunch.

Diet Dr. Pepper and me disagree.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 10-19-2020

My back, leg & hip surgery that was deemed 'elective' & put on hold due to this COVID scam "may be back in the works if you're still interested.."

After all the tests, after all the waiting, after all the hopes of getting out of this damned chair or relying on an awkward and cumbersome brace, am I still interested? The thing is, I'm suddenly as unsure as the first day it was brought up to me. It's a big risk, and though I'm not the type who just gives up or gives in there's that voice in the back reminding me I'm a dying man so what's the use. But then, I look out in the pasture & see Misty and the Buckskin & herd, and I want to ride again. With this surgery there're no guarantees I will, but without it there is one that I definitely won't..

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - caikgoch - 10-19-2020

Quote:
3 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

My back, leg & hip surgery that was deemed 'elective' & put on hold due to this COVID scam "may be back in the works if you're still interested.."

After all the tests, after all the waiting, after all the hopes of getting out of this damned chair or relying on an awkward and cumbersome brace, am I still interested? The thing is, I'm suddenly as unsure as the first day it was brought up to me. It's a big risk, and though I'm not the type who just gives up or gives in there's that voice in the back reminding me I'm a dying man so what's the use. But then, I look out in the pasture & see Misty and the Buckskin & herd, and I want to ride again. With this surgery there're no guarantees I will, but without it there is one that I definitely won't..

sw

Been there, done that, and rehomed the horses anyway.    It hurts every time you have to add to the list of things you can no longer do.   I have one ultimate serious piece of advice for you: watch the rehab carefully.   Nursing/rehab centers are where old folks go to die in the current pandemic.   I checked myself out of 2 AMA and rehabed myself at home.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 10-19-2020

having never done any major corrective surgery...i can only voice the supportive and the uniformed...but i agree rehab is everything...if you have great and safe rehab,  do it ...if you ain't got that then put if off till you do...hope everything works out....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - caikgoch - 10-19-2020

Quote:
5 hours ago, shortleash said:

having never done any major corrective surgery...i can only voice the supportive and the uniformed...but i agree rehab is everything...if you have great and safe rehab,  do it ...if you ain't got that then put if off till you do...hope everything works out....

You don't get to skip or postpone rehab.    I was considered ready to leave the hospital when I could walk 40 feet with a walker and climb 3 steps.   That was in March and I still can't lift a sack of feed without feeling like I'm tearing something.    I lost 60 lbs and most of it was muscle.   It's amazing how quickly your body can consume itself when you're down.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-20-2020

(20 years ago.  Technically dead at one point by some metics.  (But I feel much better now...))

Quote:
17 hours ago, caikgoch said:

when I could walk 40 feet with a walker and climb 3 steps. 

This was pretty much the "rehab" I got before sending home.  At home I could walk about 100 feet before my vision closed in from the sides and greyed out and I had to sit down on the floor or ground.  Later I burned out the radio in the truck turning it up loud enough to keep my brain from going "zombie".

Can't overstate the value of getting a GOOD doctor dedicated to "Quality of life".  Dumped the 3 doctors they had me reporting to, got me off drugs no one knew who prescribed or why, got me on other "preferred", blood tests weekly, got my chemistry balanced out.  I will die if I go off my drugs; another doctor tried something "improved" and I was in the ER 5 days later.  Changed "systems" to get back to my other doctor.   A GOOD doctor does research and gets back to you a few days later, show you trials, what helps or hurts.  

If you don't think you're getting the treatment you need you have to dump 'em.  These days you have to be your own health care advocate....  

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 10-20-2020

i was just trying to say that you need a good doctor AND a good rehab system before you under take a major surgery...my stepson is getting hip replacement and he has gone threw 2 doctors....and one rehab system...now he is satisfied with that end he needs to work on getting the rest of his system ready starting with his teeth....anyway...good luck no matter what...