Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 10-22-2020

Quote:
On 10/19/2020 at 4:35 AM, silverwolf1 said:

My back, leg & hip surgery that was deemed 'elective' & put on hold due to this COVID scam "may be back in the works if you're still interested.."

After all the tests, after all the waiting, after all the hopes of getting out of this damned chair or relying on an awkward and cumbersome brace, am I still interested? The thing is, I'm suddenly as unsure as the first day it was brought up to me. It's a big risk, and though I'm not the type who just gives up or gives in there's that voice in the back reminding me I'm a dying man so what's the use. But then, I look out in the pasture & see Misty and the Buckskin & herd, and I want to ride again. With this surgery there're no guarantees I will, but without it there is one that I definitely won't..

sw

As someone who has lost family members due to COVID, trust me, it's not a scam.

One of them was nearly my father who scheduled jaw surgery right as the shit hit the fan.  He barely made it out alive.  You may have dodged a bullet.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 10-22-2020

Quote:
2 hours ago, cervids said:

As someone who has lost family members due to COVID, trust me, it's not a scam.

One of them was nearly my father who scheduled jaw surgery right as the shit hit the fan.  He barely made it out alive.  You may have dodged a bullet.

Not what I meant by "scam". The political reaction, or rather advantage taken, has been. The Surgery had originally been scheduled for August, when the VA was quite capable of handling it safely. It was on hold only for internal squabbling at the upper levels as to what constituted "elective surgeries" and what did not, not what was safe to now do.

Quote:
On 10/19/2020 at 10:43 AM, caikgoch said:

I have one ultimate serious piece of advice for you: watch the rehab carefully.   Nursing/rehab centers are where old folks go to die in the current pandemic.   I checked myself out of 2 AMA and rehabed myself at home

I'll be rehabbed at the VA, as in my past surgeries, if I take the chance. It's looking like I will. I'm prepared to let the herd go, though it'll be hard. It took a long time to get the buckskin home, as some here will remember. The horses will go where she was during & after the surgery, and be sold from there if it becomes necessary. I just hope Misty will stay there. I've talked to her. To all of them. The sheep will be added to a neighbors herd. My assistant is taking in my dogs while I'm gone (maybe longer). All on a chance, but my life has been nothing but chances and I've won. 

Thanks for all the good advice folks. I am still deciding, or we are..

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-22-2020

Only you can decide what's for you.

All the best wishes from your friends here.... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - caikgoch - 10-22-2020

<a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/163-shortleash/?do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.zoowg.org%252Ftopic%252F914-so-how-is-everyone-surviving-the-pandemic%252F%253Fpage%253D8%2526tab%253Dcomments" href="<___base_url___>/profile/163-shortleash/" title="Go to shortleash's profile">@shortleash,  OK I'm just a little confused.   Sorry about that.</a>

@<a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/?do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.zoowg.org%252Ftopic%252F914-so-how-is-everyone-surviving-the-pandemic%252F%253Fpage%253D8%2526tab%253Dcomments" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/" title="Go to silverwolf1's profile">silverwolf1,  What made the decision for me was when I got back to them for the first time after 3 months in bed, my stud was very disturbed.   He did not like seeing me broken down and weak at all and I counted the years.   There's no way he's not going to outlive me and I just decided that I wasn't going to make him stand around and watch me slowly die.</a>

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 10-23-2020

Quote:
11 hours ago, caikgoch said:

He did not like seeing me broken down and weak at all and I counted the years.

He wants you to see you still living with Pride. Life isn't worth living if you don't have Pride.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 10-23-2020

all the best wishes and as the politicians around here say - hopes and prayers....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 10-24-2020

Quote:
On 10/22/2020 at 3:00 AM, silverwolf1 said:

The Surgery had originally been scheduled for August, when the VA was quite capable of handling it safely.

Not that it makes much difference but we were in December and our world renowned medical centered assured us it was fine.  Hospitals are a business, they always will, of course.  The reality can be different.

I'm glad you feel the scam is not the virus itself.  I agree a political scam is being played, but have a feeling that we'd disagree on the origin.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 10-24-2020

Quote:
On 10/22/2020 at 6:28 AM, caikgoch said:

<a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/163-shortleash/?do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.zoowg.org%252Ftopic%252F914-so-how-is-everyone-surviving-the-pandemic%252F%253Fpage%253D8%2526tab%253Dcomments" href="<___base_url___>/profile/163-shortleash/" title="Go to shortleash's profile">@shortleash,  OK I'm just a little confused.   Sorry about that.</a>

@<a data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/?do=hovercard&referrer=https%253A%252F%252Fwww.zoowg.org%252Ftopic%252F914-so-how-is-everyone-surviving-the-pandemic%252F%253Fpage%253D8%2526tab%253Dcomments" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1-silverwolf1/" title="Go to silverwolf1's profile">silverwolf1,  What made the decision for me was when I got back to them for the first time after 3 months in bed, my stud was very disturbed.   He did not like seeing me broken down and weak at all and I counted the years.   There's no way he's not going to outlive me and I just decided that I wasn't going to make him stand around and watch me slowly die.</a>

It feels wrong to like this, but make no mistake, I am liking your strength for doing the right thing.  Know that I respect that.

Ditto to @silverwolf.  You will both remain in my thoughts, for whatever good it does.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - FloofyNewfie - 10-24-2020

I'm holding up. I've been doing well for awhile, but I'm a bit of an ambivert myself, so not being able to hang out with my friends has been a bit rough on me. While i do crave my alone time, I definitely love going out and being social. But if I catch covid, with my health issues, I will more than likely require hospitalization. The most scary thought is that I have no one to watch my dogs. My plan of action is to connect an automatic watering bowl to my main washer spigot, cut open a bag of dog food, and wish my girl the best of luck. It's about all I can do.

So far, my two canine girls are keeping me sane for the most part. Without them, I might have been driven into madness already. But it kind of is what it is.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 10-27-2020

Quote:
On 10/24/2020 at 0:17 AM, cervids said:

Hospitals are a business, they always will, of course

Yes, they are. But, as I've said before, they make no money off of me, though they may from something involved. The VA treats me for free, 100%. They are also some of the top rated medical facilities in the country right now thanks to changes made in the last few years. I've seen some of those changes myself just in staff and equipment at the local facility.

Anyway, I appreciate all the advice & well wishes folks. I will keep you updated, in a different thread I think. On to others journeys through this mess..

sw