Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-27-2020

Quote:
On 10/23/2020 at 11:17 PM, cervids said:

assured us it was fine.  Hospitals are a business, they always will, of course.  The reality can be different.

This.

The numbers are higher than ever, doubling by the month.  Yet they urge me to come in for routine age-related labs and (quite invasive) tests. The majority of those in my group that get it, suffer permanent damage to major organs.  60% suffer heart damage.  Lungs like a lifetime of 3-packs-a-day.   

Personally, I find the test environment more threatening than what they are testing for....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 10-27-2020

Quote:
9 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

Yes, they are. But, as I've said before, they make no money off of me, though they may from something involved. The VA treats me for free, 100%. They are also some of the top rated medical facilities in the country right now thanks to changes made in the last few years. I've seen some of those changes myself just in staff and equipment at the local facility.

Anyway, I appreciate all the advice & well wishes folks. I will keep you updated, in a different thread I think. On to others journeys through this mess..

sw

I wasn't really providing advice, just our personal experience.  Take from it what you will, and best of luck navigating the minefield of our age.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - DingoJay - 10-27-2020

Aside from the constant fear of catching the damned virus (I'm over 65 and my health is best described as "so-so" for quite a few years now), I miss the activities I normally engage in.  We're talking dog shows, gun shows flea markets (electronic / Ham radio and otherwise) and assorted country fairs that would normally be winding up about now.

I've never been big on yard work; it's pretty much a losing battle at this place anyway.  I do have the dogs, though one is old and grumpy and the other one would rather run than do anything else.

Turn on any media and here comes the COVID-19 body count. In between the political ads.

I could do some writing, I suppose.  I've always been slow on the keyboard, even slower now with arthritis setting in on the fingers that I've abused for decades.  The speech to text software has improved lately but some of the stuff that I write would be better off not spoken out loud.  I have posted a few (non-sexual) furry stories online lately, under a different nom de plume, obviously.

Well, sooner of later, one way or another, this thing's gonna end.  Hopefully it won't take too many good folks with it when it finally leaves us.  Stay home if you don't need to go out, wear the damn mask (or whatever they'll have us doing next week!)  Good thing I quit drinking almost 25 years ago.  Bars seem to be a super-spreader venue.  Y'all be careful and maybe we can all stay healthy and watch the "covidiots" learn the error of their ways the hard way.  This thing plays for keeps and needs to be taken seriously.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-28-2020

Ah.  One who remembers discrete component electronics I suspect....  

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 10-29-2020

Quote:
21 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Ah.  One who remembers discrete component electronics I suspect....  

Are you talking about one-transistor radios? That stuff is way before my generation.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - caikgoch - 10-29-2020

Quote:
56 minutes ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

Are you talking about one-transistor radios? That stuff is way before my generation.

He's probably thinking of vacuum tubes and air gap capacitors.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-29-2020

Quote:
10 hours ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

No, just stuff actually made from components, like resistors, capacitors, inductors, transistors, LED's, IC's, pots, ya'know, discrete components instead of TV-on-a-chip.  Back when you could fix stuff instead of throwing it away and buying a new one.  

I guess you had to be there..... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Ramseys - 10-29-2020

Quote:
5 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I guess you had to be there..... 

I even know how to use one of these. 

[Image: EICO_625.jpg.246e5ec9f8d0b4dabe96149c16b877ca.jpg]

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 10-29-2020

Quote:
30 minutes ago, Ramseys said:

I even know how to use one of these. 

[Image: EICO_625.jpg.246e5ec9f8d0b4dabe96149c16b877ca.jpg]

I even know how to BUILD one of these--

[Image: 5f9b099b4d666_Tubetester.jpg.054750e8932...16eca8.jpg]

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - threelegs - 10-29-2020

My folks were into ham radio when I was growing up back in the 50s. Dad built his receiver and transmitter from Heathkits. Kids at school--and even the teachers--thought I was a real weirdo because I knew Ohm's law and vacuum tube theory when I was in, like, fourth or fifth grade. I always thought it was cool to watch the tubes modulate when the transmitter was in action.