Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 09-25-2021

"Some Say".....  

Thus crap will be (mostly) over when they approve vaccinations for kids down to rugrat stage.  Kids have always been the germ-swapping reservoir; day care, pre-school, up to university.  Getting the younger tier done is supposed to do that.

Of course it's been "supposed to be over" since the first of the year when vax came out.

Then of course messing around this long is giving Delta, Mu, and mutations not yet named time to defeat the vax.  And now 50% of deer have it.  So it ain't going away anytime soon..... 

Like the man says, get out and get your *** vaccinated..... 

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://zoowg.org/uploads/monthly_2021_09/614f501742c0a_ScreenShot2021.png.faca85ce2eda86da8bf067375751e94b.png" data-fileid="4508">[Image: 614f501742c0a_ScreenShot2021.png.faca85c...51e94b.png]</a>

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 09-26-2021

Quote:
7 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

And now 50% of deer have it. 

News to me.  Not that that is impossible, but do you have a link or other evidence?

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 09-26-2021

Google:     usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/08/18/deer-tested-positive-covid-antibodies-usda-study/8188718002/

(I don't have a link to last week TV news) 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 09-26-2021

Now I can't just go kissing them randomly.  Fuck.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 09-27-2021

Quote:
4 hours ago, cervids said:

Now I can't just go kissing them randomly.  Fuck.

Well it mostly spreads by aerosol, so, um, the other end...... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 09-27-2021

are you saying  - no eating venison or what/ i am vaccinated....but i also may have had a mild case of covid (get tested today)...i think that's my BOOSTER....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 09-27-2021

According to the game and fish dept,, the precautions a lot of people are already using (wear gloves when processing, cook to safe temp (165F?), getting rid of organs) because of CWD and such, should do it. 

(BTW, I don't mean to say any feasible cooking temp will get rid of CWD.  But wearing gloves and getting rid of organs is currently believed to.)   

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The highest population showed a whopping 67% in Michigan."

"There is no evidence of humans getting SARS-Cov-2 from consuming venison or any other kind of wild game meat. Lisa Wayland Altschul, a biomedical engineer who serves on MU's Engineering Dean's Advisory Board, said that this is because the virus is respiratory."

“I can’t see why it would transfer,” she said, “I’m more worried about it hurting the deer population. There is a chance for mutations.”

"In the meantime, this year’s hunting season will progress as normal. Batten said to keep practicing standard hygiene, like washing hands, wearing gloves and cooking meat to the proper temperature since wildlife can carry other pathogens."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All copyrights property of their respective owners

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 09-27-2021

Quote:
17 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Well it mostly spreads by aerosol, so, um, the other end...... 

I was being innocent minded, so that is the end I was thinking of.  lol

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 09-28-2021

Quote:
14 hours ago, cervids said:

I was being innocent minded, so that is the end I was thinking of.  lol

So I assumed; kissing on the lips-- not a good idea.   Tail-up invite, minimal risk.   

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - cervids - 09-29-2021

Quote:
15 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

So I assumed; kissing on the lips-- not a good idea.   Tail-up invite, minimal risk.   

I'm not in a position to be testing it out unfortunately (or fortunately, who the hell knows anymore).

I guess this does highlight why owning and knowing the health of animals you mess with is more than just a little bit wise...

There's a certain wildlife biologist who was also zoo whose brain I'd love to pick on this one...  shame he's been gone for years now.  Miss him.