Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: so how is everyone surviving the pandemic (/showthread.php?tid=190)

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - shortleash - 04-21-2020

as usual you guys wander off topic wonderfully....

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Ramseys - 04-21-2020

[Image: e522a161b6914145dc387650eeb97303.jpg.6f4...13fa35.jpg]

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 04-22-2020

I'd rather be "trapped" here than out there anyway for the most part. It is a little crazy here in NY, but the real hell is downstate in NY City and it's surrounds and there's a lot of state between here and there. Having confirmed cases closer to me does cause concern, but after a first knee-jerk reaction I've calmed a bit. I don't get visitor traffic here anyway since I'm not actively training right now, have plenty of supplies, know who comes near won't come too close and have more than enough to occupy my time and my mind while I wait.

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 04-22-2020

Quote:
1 hour ago, silverwolf1 said:

I'd rather be "trapped" here than out there anyway for the most part. It is a little crazy here in NY, but the real hell is downstate in NY City and it's surrounds and there's a lot of state between here and there. Having confirmed cases closer to me does cause concern, but after a first knee-jerk reaction I've calmed a bit. I don't get visitor traffic here anyway since I'm not actively training right now, have plenty of supplies, know who comes near won't come too close and have more than enough to occupy my time and my mind while I wait.

sw

OK.  Every bit of this.  

Quote:
23 hours ago, Ramseys said:

[Image: e522a161b6914145dc387650eeb97303.jpg.6f4...13fa35.jpg]

I'm thinking he's more "bummed out" since he got a good look at what the 4-legged bulls and rams are packin', and the lady cows just kind of pointed and laughed when he stood up..... 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Oregon - 04-22-2020

Still on lock down here in the UK ....80% pay while I am on furlough. Cant complain though. A 6 week holiday and confined to village life is not all bad. Such a shame that I don't own a pretty paint mare or a big lady Dane right now.........*sigh* ......I miss this kinda contact on all levels.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - heavyhorse - 04-22-2020

Quote:
4 hours ago, Oregon said:

80% pay while I am on furlough.

This side of the Pond, it's a one-time check that still hasn't arrived.  

Pretty much like the test kits haven't arrived (the nation is out of Q-tips).  Or the masks and gowns.  Or the sanitizing wipes.  

5P's:  Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance.  

Good thing I had a bit of supplies of stuff laid in. 

Now if only our elected (or un-elected) officials had done the same.  Instead of cutting the medical intelligence teams we had in China.  And the pandemic planning board in 2017.  And the funding for the CDC.  And paid our dues to the WHO.  But hey, who needs that stuff.  "Grandparents should be willing to die for their grandkids..."    

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Bear28 - 04-23-2020

Still waiting on my check. Trying to stay positive, despite having to work and deal with the public at major cut hours and pay. Thinking that all of us that have to work should be getting some type of compensation for having to work when everyone else gets to stay at home and get paid more being on unemployment.

Am working on writing and fur art. Have invented a few new card games. The depression monster is sitting in the corner and seems to be getting bigger. his low whispers are now normal conversation. 

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - silverwolf1 - 04-23-2020

On the money thing. I didn't have to train horses anymore when they told me I had to stop. Financially, it's done little to speak of to me. I hate, absolutely hate, what it's doing to my neighbors that they can't work right now. Most are farmers who have to keep these off- farm jobs just to keep the farm steady through the winter & early spring months. The real hurt is on the three Dairy's nearby. Their milk sits and spoils right now, and the kids can't go to their off farm jobs to help out. It's hell here, & $1200 doesn't do shit for people. A month, or just a little more, does a lot. 

Others, my closest neighbor, fear to come home from their "essential" job. She is staying in a rats-nest of a motel right now because she cleans the hospital room where one of the confirmed cases is staying and she has kids she loves. She gets minimum wage through this, nothing more, and she's paying for the motel. 

In the village, the little shops and diners have no business even if they could open. They never operated at much of a profit, no Mom & Pop ever does, and this could do them in easy. The local Feed store is open, he's Essential, but he has nothing left to sell right now. Most of his grain comes local, and we know the local story. Besides, the last of what he had he was giving away. He knew folks couldn't pay, and he'll last longer than they will, but how much? Folks have to go to the city for everything already, including essential work other'n the water department & highway. The Sheriff went on vacation. The village couldn't pay him this coming month. If May stays like April, it'll be a real bad spring.

I do what I can to see that a couple older folks are helped out, but..

sw

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Oregon - 04-25-2020

One good thing in all this, I have sheep behind my place, cows opposite and horses *sigh* *grin* down the road. So I am not without visual stimulation and food for thought [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

I am not a fence hopper or this could get really interesting.

so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - Hiway - 04-26-2020

[Image: before-after.jpg.0a9b354cf1b5921cadde030ef5091e2c.jpg]