Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
Guns - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+---- Forum: Members Hobbies (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=36)
+---- Thread: Guns (/showthread.php?tid=584)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Guns - heavyhorse - 05-22-2018

Indeed.

I saw a report where a guy got shot dead, through the head.  By his vape device.  (They always said smoking would kill you.  Apparently vaping will too--)

Guns - DingoJay - 05-27-2018

Wow.  I have seen a handful of cases of pistols firing out of battery, but never a catastrophic failure like that!  Typically, the cartridge case will bulge a bit just forward of the head.  There appears to be some type of corrosion --or something-- inside the case.  Not sure what that might be.  The chamber seems to be bulged... very unusual with a load of the correct pressure.  I agree that we might be looking at a big time overcharge of a handload, or perhaps a totally wrong cartridge loaded into the gun, e.g. a 9x21 into a 9mm or a 10mm into a .40 S&W.  That theoretically could leave enough unsupported case wall area to explode like that.

I have had a pistol fire out of battery exactly once in 40+ years that I have been shooting.  I bought a used Browning Hi-Power that turned out to have had a trigger job done by Jackass Joe in his basement.  About one time in five, the hammer would ride the slide home and pretty much slam-fire.  The case bulged but did not explode.  I got rid of that one in a hurry, needless to say!

Guns - arcticwolf - 05-29-2018

Quote:
On 5/18/2018 at 10:01 PM, Ramseys said:

[Image: 31250535_831278293726019_827072814348837...fea481.jpg]

Yes I know, technically it's a .45 Auto.

a long, fat and slow bernard will do the job i want done<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://zoowg.org/uploads/monthly_2018_05/2012_02_24_22_44_30_389.jpg.33ce95f44e5b86c7da1e49e1bec46476.jpg" data-fileid="3476">[Image: 2012_02_24_22_44_30_389.thumb.jpg.ab1fe6...8aa0e3.jpg]</a>

Guns - littlejohn - 05-29-2018

Ooo yum.  We could be Great Friends [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Guns - Fiber - 09-10-2018

I own a .380 Bersa Thunder for self defense at home. I can't carry because it is not allowed in my country (well it may be, but the paperwork and cost is not worth it).

Guns - Ramseys - 09-10-2018

Quote:
7 hours ago, Fiber said:

I own a .380 Bersa Thunder for self defense at home. I can't carry because it is not allowed in my country (well it may be, but the paperwork and cost is not worth it).

Bersa is one of those gun companies that, "flies under the radar". Making decent guns at fairly low prices. I guess the best thing one can say about them, "They ain't Hi-Point". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

The Argentinian company straight up copied the German PPK. Not a bad gun to copy.

When it comes to poking holes in things, the .380 auto works just fine.

And with a 3.2 inch barrel, (my Ruger LCP has a 2.75 inch) It's long enough to give enough speed, to give 'hollow-points', a good chance at opening up.

You 9mm guys don't laugh too much. 'Hard ball' (FMJ) don't do much more then it's shorter brother.

The "new and improved" bullet designs that make the 9mm a good round, has trickled down to 380. 

I hope you have a safe place to go out and practice. 

Guns - heavyhorse - 09-10-2018

The Game and Fish guy (animal damage biologist, a trapper in his own right) suggested 9mm FMJ for field work.  Said a small deep hole is more effective than a shallow crater, esp for critters like feral boars, that basically have body armor against tusks.  And now we have bears (new this year).   That walk to the barn after dark is more special now.....

Guns - Fiber - 09-10-2018

Quote:
2 hours ago, Ramseys said:

Bersa is one of those gun companies that, "flies under the radar". Making decent guns at fairly low prices. I guess the best thing one can say about them, "They ain't Hi-Point". [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

The Argentinian company straight up copied the German PPK. Not a bad gun to copy.

When it comes to poking holes in things, the .380 auto works just fine.

And with a 3.2 inch barrel, (my Ruger LCP has a 2.75 inch) It's long enough to give enough speed, to give 'hollow-points', a good chance at opening up.

You 9mm guys don't laugh too much. 'Hard ball' (FMJ) don't do much more then it's shorter brother.

The "new and improved" bullet designs that make the 9mm a good round, has trickled down to 380. 

I hope you have a safe place to go out and practice. 

A man once said on TV here that a gun is a "hole making machine". If it serves me to put 2 or 3 holes into someone trying to get into our house, anything is ok.

I've gone many times to the range and I really like it, I know there are better though, I'd get a Sig if I could.

I also shot with a Ruger LCP like yours, but this one had the laser sight. I started talking with the man in the lane next to me, I was kinda new, and he asked if I wanted to try the LCP.

Nice one, but it costs 750usd here.

Guns - silverwolf1 - 09-10-2018

Quote:
6 hours ago, Ramseys said:

Have a Hi-Point carbine in .45 ACP that I like a little for "home defense" around the farm (I keep it in the barn for coyotes). Ugly little thing, but I've put many accurate rounds through it.

sw

Guns - littlejohn - 09-10-2018

Yall are way over my head.  I got a autoloading pistol that shoots bullets gherkin sized, and a lever .22 full of hot hollowpoints which are vicious close up and a .12 winmgmaster for in the general direction of.  If someone is stupid enough to try the dogs, we can do binniss.