Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
The right to die - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Discussion (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=38)
+--- Thread: The right to die (/showthread.php?tid=460)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

The right to die - Saturnine - 06-13-2018

I know of some people who would say that life wasn't for them, and if the choice of doctor-assisted suicide were allowed, they would take it without question. It's tough being in a situation like that. Instead they are condemned to a life of hell. It really is akin to a prison sentence.

The right to die - Vermilion - 06-13-2018

Quote:

Instead they are condemned to a life of hell

No they aren't. They simply have to stop eating and drinking and they're dead in under one month without making some other guilty of murder... quite easy if you can fight your primal will of survival, that is...

Gosh, I wish other topics were as active as this one...

Quote:
1 hour ago, Vermilion said:

No they aren't. They simply have to stop eating and drinking and they're dead in under one month without making some other guilty of murder... quite easy if you can fight your primal will of survival, that is...

Gosh, I wish other topics were as active as this one...

Again, it's not murder if it's done according to law and the person requests it. You make it sound like they are being forcibly killed without any consent. You also largely underestimate the will to survive in a situation that involves actively killing oneself, like starvation or dehydration.

What other topic is there that you want to discuss?

Well, if the doctor is payed, it's "murder". I know how large the will of survival is, that was my whole point in showing the absurdity.

What topics? Don't know, how about topics that would be topic in such a forum?

If I pay the doctor to help end my life, it's not murder.

If I have to sign consent forms and be put on a trial period to ascertain my conviction to die, without ever once revoking my consent to be killed, it's not murder.

We should stop calling them doctors, as they aren't anymore (Hyprocratic Oath n' stuff). They would be killer, as they kill for money.

Consent has nothing to do with it. If I would say to a bus driver: "Here, 5 bucks, now drive me over". He would still go to jail and the 5 bucks are a base motive.

So why should killing people be allowed to doctors, and not to bus drivers?

The right to die - heavyhorse - 06-13-2018

Quote:
7 hours ago, Vermilion said:

Indeed.  This is the basis of the so-called "mockery".   If you are determined to go, you don't need a gun, or a Dr.   Clearly the will for survival is strong, at least as strong as the will for drama.  

The right to die - littlejohn - 06-13-2018

Well, on a tangent, what was Bourdain's reason?

Quote:
33 minutes ago, littlejohn said:

Well, on a tangent, what was Bourdain's reason?

Owning incriminating evidences of Hillary Clinton feasting on the flesh of children...? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sleep.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="-_-" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

The right to die - heavyhorse - 06-14-2018

Quote:
4 hours ago, Vermilion said:

Owning incriminating evidences of Hillary Clinton feasting on the flesh of children...? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sleep.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="-_-" width="20" />[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />

OH gawd.  In the words of another passed-on celebrity foodie, "Some parts are edible".