Zoo Community & Writer's Guild
Tesla's Quote... - Printable Version

+- Zoo Community & Writer's Guild (https://zoowg.org)
+-- Forum: Zoophilia discussions (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General Zoo discourse (https://zoowg.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Thread: Tesla's Quote... (/showthread.php?tid=430)

Pages: 1 2

Tesla's Quote... - Cat - 06-12-2018

"I have been feeding pigeons, thousands of them for years. But there was one, a beautiful bird, pure white with light grey tips on its wings; that one was different. It was a female. I had only to wish and call her and she would come flying to me.<br style="color:rgb(95,95,95);font-family:'Open Sans', arial, sans-serif;font-size:16px;font-style:normal;font-weight:300;letter-spacing:normal;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;word-spacing:0px;background-color:rgb(255,255,255);" />I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women, and she loved me. As long as I had her, there was a purpose to my life."

Nikola Tesla.

---------

I just can't, think, of other meaning for this; and the more you read about the guy, he saying that being in a relationship with a woman was just distracting to his work but at the same time being progressive on women's for his era, living in a secluded way with his pigeons in that apartment at his old age, having no kids and no proven relationships, and having an aversion towards human contact, and then that quote at his old age which is hard to apply some other meaning to a person that was very straightforward and concise on what he said, the more truth this seems to hold.

I honestly don't know, what do you guys think?...

Tesla's Quote... - 30-30 - 06-12-2018

Throughout his life, Tesla showed severe signs of a psychosis and may be one of the finest examples of the thesis that genius and lunacy are different sides of the same coin. He had problems throughout his entire life to integrate in groups of others and had a strong leaning towards the occult and metaphysical. One of the best examples for this would be the famous  "Columbia Lecture" in which he tried to lecture people about electricity with the aid of , blatantly put, stage magic and the occult-esque.

His obsessions dictated him throughout his entire life, but after 1900, things became much more severe than his already existing OCD that forced him to "calculate the volume of soup dishes and coffee mugs or else, my food would be disgusting to me". His already dominant leaning towards transcendentalism and metaphysics accelerated . He had "a strong aversion against pearls and earrings, was heavily repulsed by other people´s hair and felt "hot" when seeing a peach. He counted his every step....later in life, he even tried to self medicate by applying electroshock therapy to himself and temporarily became a heavy drinker. One final quote of Tesla that may ring some alarm bells in those among us who are experienced with psychedelics: "In some cases, the air around me was filled with living, flaming tongues...."

In the light of all this, I´d say that Tesla surely was a genius in regards of electricity ,he invented lots of stuff and held up to 112 patents. But in everything else, one can only come to the conclusion that tesla was suffering from a massive psychosis throughout his life. The proverbial lonatic prodigy. In exactly that sense, I´d assume his quote about the pidgeon , (that I couldn´t find in most of the articles dealing with him,btw) is a result of his nature as a "lone wolf", paired with his leaning towards the occult and "life energy". Nothing "zoo" for me in this. Nietzsche, btw, is said to broke out in tears when he saw the driver of a coach hitting the horse pulling it...so much he went over and hugged the horse. Nietzsche suffered from the first mild signs of syphilis when this happened...

Tesla's Quote... - heavyhorse - 06-12-2018

Quote:
5 hours ago, Cat said:

I loved that pigeon as a man loves a women

Hmm-- 

Physical constraints aside (and he was a pioneer with physics), he said pretty specifically what he meant.

Otherwise not going there.  My main contact with birds is scritching their excreta off and out of feeders, waterers, and dealing with the results of said excreta.  They are "Hideous Flying Anuses of Pestilence and Death".  (Inaccuracy regarding "anuses" notwithstanding.)  Spreading diseases, invasive plant species, spoiled food/crops, aircraft strikes, structural decay.  In the woods, fine.  Otherwise...... 

Tesla's Quote... - Cat - 06-12-2018

Honestly birds can get pretty damn sexual, as long as they feel safe with you, and specially parrots, they'll pick one mate and refuse anyone else and that can be a human.

While sexual intercourse is pretty much unlikely, they'd not mind it too much to want to be with you.

Tesla's Quote... - threelegs - 06-12-2018

I owned a collared dove for a while once ... that bird never once showed any sign of having a personality or even more than minimal awareness. I'd put pigeons in the same category--they are just slightly different versions of the same bird.

On the other hand, the Asian Blue Quail I had was an amazing pet. He had a roomful of personality, craved physical attention, and would come when called after the first hand-feeding. Not that he was entirely right in the head; he had some compulsive behaviors, like running along the wall back and forth for hours, and occasionally attempting to murder me, and he lacked any sense of danger involved with wriggling under my feet. I loved that little guy.

My mom was keeping a parakeet for a while and she used to gush about how affectionate he was; he'd fly onto her shoulder and cuddle up under her chin.

Maybe a pigeon or dove would be a nice pet if it were raised for that.

Tesla's Quote... - heavyhorse - 06-12-2018

Quote:
19 minutes ago, threelegs said:

Not that he was entirely right in the head; he had some compulsive behaviors, like running along the wall back and forth for hours, and occasionally attempting to murder me, and he lacked any sense of danger involved with wriggling under my feet.

LOL.    Sounds remarkably like most of the cats I've been acquainted with.  With apology to Cat.  

Tesla's Quote... - Cat - 06-13-2018

Quote:
13 hours ago, threelegs said:

I owned a collared dove for a while once ... that bird never once showed any sign of having a personality or even more than minimal awareness. I'd put pigeons in the same category--they are just slightly different versions of the same bird.

On the other hand, the Asian Blue Quail I had was an amazing pet. He had a roomful of personality, craved physical attention, and would come when called after the first hand-feeding. Not that he was entirely right in the head; he had some compulsive behaviors, like running along the wall back and forth for hours, and occasionally attempting to murder me, and he lacked any sense of danger involved with wriggling under my feet. I loved that little guy.

My mom was keeping a parakeet for a while and she used to gush about how affectionate he was; he'd fly onto her shoulder and cuddle up under her chin.

Maybe a pigeon or dove would be a nice pet if it were raised for that.

I have had contact with pigeons and birds in general and I've seen they have quite some personality, it's just not as complex and driven as that of other mammals, but if you are a pigeon zoo, I guess you like those little things; parrots on the other hand, they are very smart, I'd say of the smartest of the birbs; and if you grow one, specially a big parrot, trust me, they'll fall in love with you; even parrot owners admit this.

Probably owls, eagles and hawks are even smarter; I've seen condors too which seem damn smart; and I was in so much fear since they could easily pick me up and fly me away even as a 50kg teen, they are HUGE; I never felt like prey so much.

Quote:
13 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

LOL.    Sounds remarkably like most of the cats I've been acquainted with.  With apology to Cat.  

[img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> But I only walk around your feet sometimes to mark you, and only attempt to murder you when I am mildly angery at the worlds.

Tesla's Quote... - threelegs - 06-14-2018

The smartest birds are the corvids; this is well established. I'd love to make friends with a crow or a raven. They're mischievous, though.

Tesla's Quote... - heavyhorse - 06-14-2018

Quote:
2 hours ago, threelegs said:

The smartest birds are the corvids; this is well established. I'd love to make friends with a crow or a raven. They're mischievous, though.

I'm not sure if they are mischievous, or just jaded.    One got caught in a coyote trap (not too bright if you ask me), the others just blew him off and took the opportunity to pick up the bait scattered around his deceased remains....... 

Tesla's Quote... - Cat - 06-14-2018

Quote:
7 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I'm not sure if they are mischievous, or just jaded.    One got caught in a coyote trap (not too bright if you ask me), the others just blew him off and took the opportunity to pick up the bait scattered around his deceased remains....... 

Well it's hard to figure out something when it's the first time you interact with it, I always get stuck with the anti child bottles or the anti bear trash cans.