• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Peoples thoughts on body traits?

Quote:
2 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Mmm-- Yes.  And the English Bulldog (American version).

I will also say, there are several reasons Great Danes are favorites, besides the obvious (not the subject of this thread); behavioral and intuitive.

But I agree somewhat with above; I don't like the "Greyhoundy" look that has arisen with the obsession with "Tallest", and I totally despise seeing spinal processes showing (which has become prominent enough in some lines that no amount of feeding will fix it).

My favorite Dane, the lost love of my life, was athletic and muscled enough that water could puddle in the middle of her back.  

I see, well yes, that's the thing with dogs that have gone from being created from need (as in the past, dogs created for work, hunting, etc...) and for just specific traits that people like because random cuteness or what not; while this is now new, it is very new if we think about generations; this is why you'd see that many zoos are attracted to dogs with more wolf-like, fox like or coyote like features; simply as being something that nature created for natural fit as in to survive in wild conditios, it is easy for the brain to pick it up as having good genes and being attractive, well at least, our brains lol; but of course, this is not for everyone, but more of a common pattern you see around.

Other people, well they just wanna see fancy features, since they see dogs differently than we do, it's more like children for them.

AAAaaaaK !!

Gawd spare us from the "Fuzzy children" set!

So many dogs become homeless when those people want "fuzzy children" and then are disappointed when their "children" don't live up to their insane expectations.   Roll in dead messes.  Eat poop.  Shit somewhere.  Or the biggie, get pregnant.  As a wise vet told me once, "dogs will be dogs".  Accept them on their own terms. 

long fur a nice thick double coat 

very expressive face

stout build

deep almond eyes

richly pigmented vulva and anus

[img][/img][img][/img]

kuvasz pics on google

wouldnt let me upload a pic so linking to a google image search

I am another one for large breed very short haired female canines. I love being able to see all the body lines - all the curves, all the muscle and I especially love the in your face nature of the back end. Weimeraners and Dobermans top my list. I also love the extra body warmth you get when they lay beside you. I've had both long haired and very short haired dogs and the body warmth of the short haired feels wonderful - outside of hot summer nights anyway.

The above being said one of the sexiest displays I've seen is the grace which my old long haired German Shepherd used to display when she ran. Sadly at 14.5 her running days are long behind her but there was just something about how gracefully natural and fluid her movement was when she ran that very much did it for me. An odd thing to do it for me perhaps but there we are.

I know what you mean about the graceful running, my kuvasz girls are very fluid in their motions when running.  that natural fluidic motion is truly a sight to behold.

Quote:
12 hours ago, Thunder-Bay-Syd said:

I am another one for large breed very short haired female canines. I love being able to see all the body lines - all the curves, all the muscle and I especially love the in your face nature of the back end.

This ^

One of my girls is a short haired pit bull/husky/shep? mix and her muscles are very prominent, even on a dark coat. She's longer and more lean than most bully type breeds but she's got that broad chest and ripped shoulders. I love an athletic type canine and she's just that, a perfect blend of agility, endurance, speed and power.

Just talking about her, god damn what an animal <3

That said, I'm drawn to protective and guardian type personalities and physical displays or posturing of aggression. Nothing says "I love you" like a bitch that'll raise her hackles, bear her fangs and stand between you and whatever she believes might be a threat to you. I love the mean girls, haha <3

Also,+1 on that back end.

Lyc

Did anyone mention delicious muscular horse BUTTS!!?? The rounder the better...

I am weird. I like dogs that look like hyenas. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/biggrin.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":D" width="20" /> Colorfully spotted, striped, shaggy. Longer but not too long fur. Like the Australian shepherd. I like pink noses and high contrast between mouth and the rest of the face.