• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What era/time would you like to see?

Another random thought I had while in the shower, but as the title says what era or time would you like to visit?    For me it would be the old west, love to see what it was like back then and to see some of the towns around here that are now ghost towns. 

I Would love to go back to the native American days, that would be something else, the old west sounds cool as well and is in or around the same Era..

I kinda like the era I'm in but, to stick to the topic, Ancient Greece sounds interesting too...
sw

For me it would be the `70's and early `80's 
Quiet and idyllic villages of Nancledra near Penzance in Cornwall and surrounding area.
Or maybe the foothills of the Preseli Hills in Pembrokeshire, Wales. A tiny town called Clynderwen, where , if you met more than two vehicles at an intersection, it must have been the height of the Summertime tourist season!
Peaceful days, time moved much much slower back then. A quick run to the grocery store took up most of your morning while a trip to the big city, Carmarthen or Haverfordwest would be a whole day trip! You knew all the locals and they all knew you.
How i wish i could turn the clock back![Image: Mynachlog-ddu.thumb.jpg.ecd40f7a45549e67...d8bb28.jpg]

Ahh, my teenage years! Yeah, I could go back to then too! You make those villages sound better'n my grandpappys farm too!
sw

I must be the odd man out: I'd want to visit the future. There are so many fascinating things I want to see that probably won't happen in my lifetime. Do we crack the light-speed barrier? Do we visit other star systems? Do we find alien life (sentient or otherwise)? Do we ever solve the various sociopolitical, philosophical and environmental issues we currently face? Of all of those, the latter sounds the least likely. ; )

Either far enough into the future that humans have figured out how not to destroy themselves and the planet, and move outward,

or far enough back to when the world population was 1/10 or less of what it is now, and there was more wilderness left.

Before the automobile was invented and horses were everywhere, so I could finally touch one.