• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dogfather

Meh if you die who cares if people find your secret.

What you have to worry is about your animals and who keeps them, that's it.

Hmm.  Just tested one of my passphrases on howsecureismypassword dot net.  The result: 1 septendecillion years.  That's a new one on me. 

And you're right Cat and others. If my secret gets out after I'm dead, it can't hurt me.  I'm mostly worried about surviving family and a handful others who have a certain amount of respect for me.  (There are some.  Really!)

I kind of doubt that anyone is going to spend a lot of computer time to reveal several hundred images of animal genitalia and a handful of wank stories that are scattered all over the Web, anyway.  Especially when they belonged to some dead guy.

As far as notifying the community goes, I'm reminded of a scene from Dances With Wolves where Dunbar and Timmons encounter a bleached human skeleton out on the prairie.  Timmons: Folks back East is sayin', "Why don't he write?"

If you die and your secret is out, the problem is it isn't just your secret.  It can get your zoo friends trolled and harrassed.

Quote:
20 hours ago, Cat said:

Meh if you die who cares if people find your secret.

Concern for those (humans) left behind.  I'd just as soon "go quietly into the night" as leave a shitload of blowback for friends, family, zoo community, certain breeds of dogs and livestock reputation, sites like this one, etc.  

Concern for those (animals) left behind.  What do you suppose happens to your animals if your secret comes out after you're gone?   Hint: It ain't pretty..... 

Shorter term consideration:

Even if you don't bite the big one just yet, you never know what fertilizer is going to hit the rotary circulator any given day.  You may not return on time, or even for days or weeks.  Health issue, car accident, work related.  Or even someone blows your cover for you.  Every time I leave the premises I have enough food, 5 gallons of water for each kennel, heat/air conditioning set on standby.  Stock tanks full to the top, barn doors open, no one locked inside (temporary exception; I have a mini-cow in training just now.  No, not that kind of training, that will come later.  She came to me as feral, needs socializing before she gets the run of the farm, or I might not get her back).  The place is set up so that if a temporary caretaker becomes necessary they can have access to the animals without access to other places and things that are best left private.    

Just saying, dying isn't the only thing that could leave your animals in distress.

The above is a real threat folks. It's happened to me. I was lucky that time, but it left me reconsidering my own security and choices.

sw

Old topic.

New members.

Important reading for critters wellbeing.  So bump.  

Maybe even copy to Health and Wellbeing section?

Both my dogs have places to go.  Big boy goes back to the breeder, border lady goes back to the rescue she came from.  Both places have a waiting list, They would be loved and cared for.  One cat goes back to the original home - he came here when they got stationed overseas five years ago, they're back now.  Other cat goes to a cat lover friend who has only a new kitten currently.