• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welp, another black eye for us it seems..

A better example might be found in the recent Olympics.   A competitor in the pentathlon drew a horse that didn't like her.   The conflict played out on international TV and dropped a probable gold medal to a didn't finish.    ALL horses are like that.   They are individuals with opinions and well aware that they can back those opinions up if they so choose.    The biggest part of horsemanship is learning how to keep the horse happy and wanting to co-operate.    People who pay money for sex just don't think that way.

Quote:
15 hours ago, caikgoch said:

A better example might be found in the recent Olympics.   A competitor in the pentathlon drew a horse that didn't like her.   The conflict played out on international TV and dropped a probable gold medal to a didn't finish.    ALL horses are like that.   They are individuals with opinions and well aware that they can back those opinions up if they so choose.    The biggest part of horsemanship is learning how to keep the horse happy and wanting to co-operate.    People who pay money for sex just don't think that way.

[Image: Clipboard02.jpg.70b9c2d568edd442cf917552dba23fa1.jpg]

Quote:
On 8/11/2021 at 1:54 PM, caikgoch said:

I'm learning this at riding lessons every time I ride a new horse.  They all test you to see what they can get away with - the goal being to do as little as they possibly can... sounds a lot like me in some respects:)  

Quote:
9 minutes ago, ferritlove said:

I'm learning this at riding lessons every time I ride a new horse.  They all test you to see what they can get away with - the goal being to do as little as they possibly can... sounds a lot like me in some respects:)  

School horses are easy.   Wait until you meet one that is bored and wants to play.

I used to have an arab /quarter cross mare that did that.  (Passed away some decade now).

Every time I started riding she would start off with a nice round of bucking.  But always careful not to let me fall, get back under me when I started to lose my seat.  Just had to remind me who was really in charge, that it was actually her show.

Also best horse sex ever.  Would accurately and enthusiastically simulate full-on estrus at feed time.  For as long as the feed lasted.

For some reason she always seemed to be the butterball of the crowd-- 

Yep, the horse that taught me the most was an Arab stud.   I was his ticket to get out of the boring pasture.   He convinced the neighbors that I was an expert rider because he liked to go fast and would jump things I wanted to go around always being careful not to drop me.  

Quote:
12 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I used to have an arab /quarter cross mare that did that.

I rode a lesson Arab gelding that would sometimes buck at the end of the lesson. His way of saying "the lessons over".