• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns

A thought on body armor, based on machine-gun tactics. The machine-gun, in defense, is so placed that it rains metal down on you in enfilade as you wait to attack but when the uphill (and it's always uphill) attack comes, it's aimed 3 inches above the ground and shoots your ankles off. It, and all supporting fire, then takes pot shots drilling any and all unarmored body parts. Hard to attack when you can't move.

Head shots are hard in the dark, in a hurry, in the heat of the moment. Don't try them. Go for body mass first. Biggest, surest target. Aim low, pray high. It kept me alive. Let them get close to you. You have the advantage. You know where they are, they're guessing where you should be. Don't be there. Don't try to be fancy and use a knife instead, it'll kill you. You're not that good. I doubt I am, anymore. I'm old and fat now, and my brace creaks. Blow them away. If there are more, they'll hear the knife struggle and kill you before you kill the guy you're struggling with.

If body shot one doesn't drop them, shoot the legs and run. You're shooting to stay alive remember.

Know where to shoot, know why. 

Quote:
On 1/31/2020 at 11:34 PM, WinterGreenWolf said:

I don't believe the BFR can use / requires Moon Clips, it's single action and operated by a loading gate and transfer bar.

Hmm.  For whatever reason, I wasn't thinking single action, which the BFR obviously is.  Anyway, here's the biggest revolver I have.

[Image: 5e3b60b0172a3_SW629-2.thumb.JPG.054ef789...59cf42.JPG]

Oh, very nice Dingo! [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />

Well after 6 months of dithering, I finally pulled the trigger(Pun intended) on a new upper for an AR build.

.350 Legend, 18" Parkerized Heavy Barrel, 1:16 Twist, Carbine Length Gas System, 15" MLOK Split Rail | Side Charging Upper.

I'll let you all know when it gets here. 

<strong style="background-color:#ffffff;color:#222222;font-size:16.25px;">Bear Creek Arsenal</strong>

[Image: bca_logo.png.84e69be08325cccb5ab0849146765bb1.png]

https://www.bearcreekarsenal.com/bca-ar-...split-rail

Wow, never heard of anything in .350 before, that's an itneresting one. Good luck on the build my man! Hope it all goes well.

[Image: 5e5bbdbc1dd08_TruckGun.jpg.a4321f64fb11e...2d7a53.jpg]

Quote:
27 minutes ago, Hiway said:

That's a pretty slick set up.

What pick up truck do you have?

Quote:
7 hours ago, Hiway said:

<a class="ipsAttachLink ipsAttachLink_image" href="https://zoowg.org/uploads/monthly_2020_03/5e5bbdbc1dd08_TruckGun.jpg.a4321f64fb11ee667bac30b8972d7a53.jpg" data-fileid="3904">[Image: 5e5bbdbc1dd08_TruckGun.jpg.a4321f64fb11e...2d7a53.jpg]</a>

I like this set up. did you do this yourself or have it made? Reminds me of my dads old ford. That had a three rifle rack. The set folded like that so he could get at the two revolvers and k-bar knives that he had. 

Quote:
2 hours ago, Bear28 said:

I like this set up. did you do this yourself or have it made? Reminds me of my dads old ford. That had a three rifle rack. The set folded like that so he could get at the two revolvers and k-bar knives that he had. 

When I lived in Georgia back in the 70's, the way you could a city truck from a country one. Is the country had guns in the gun rack and the city one had umbrellas.

Quote:
12 hours ago, Ramseys said:

When I lived in Georgia back in the 70's, the way you could a city truck from a country one. Is the country had guns in the gun rack and the city one had umbrellas.

Same in NY. Now, you show a gun in NY, the SWAT team shows up. Fuggin' Liberal Governor. Even have to be careful up here in the mountains, what with tourists & skiers and other citified idiots getting scared even by legitimate hunters. I could use a built in hide-away like that truck seat for my old Dodge..

sw