• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns

Quote:
10 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

I don't fly anymore, which is fine. I hate flying. I've jumped out'a more planes than I've landed in anyway. 

sw

I agree.  I've only been on once in the last 40 years; total fiasco, tornado warning, 4 missed connections.  My feet stuck to the carpet.  The toilet didn't flush.

But they have metal detectors damn near everywhere now.  You get nabbed for walking out of Home Despot and setting off the alarm for bringing your own tape measure.  Just get prepared to get felt up on a regular basis. 

Quote:
14 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

I agree.  I've only been on once in the last 40 years; total fiasco, tornado warning, 4 missed connections.  My feet stuck to the carpet.  The toilet didn't flush.

But they have metal detectors damn near everywhere now.  You get nabbed for walking out of Home Despot and setting off the alarm for bringing your own tape measure.  Just get prepared to get felt up on a regular basis. 

When the brace is gone I'll have to think of that. Right now folks look at it and just wave me through. That tells how secure our nation really is by the way. They'll pull an old lady out of a wheelchair at a Federal building to search the chair, but wave through a military type looking man walking with a metal brace without a pat-down. It's happened to me. I could be bringing anything in, they wouldn't know, and I usually am still armed. The psychology of their training. They're taught to look for the 'hidden' not the obvious, so they ignore me.

sw

I have a few H&R pieces in my collection.  One of my favorites is a Model 929 double action .22 revolver.  Fun gun for plinking. 

The H&R version of the Self Loading .25 has a lot nicer looking fit and finish than the Webley & Scott original, IMO.

[Image: 5e6cff69eb626_HnR929-1.thumb.JPG.95e9499...cec8fd.JPG]

My favorite plinker is the old rg10, 22 ... looks cheap and flimsy but is actually very well made

[Image: image.png.e79bec751804f7994a38a8a4f7eecee6.png]

Long time back, I had an H&R Sportsman, model 999, with walnut grips. I  was in a hardware store that had a gun department in a separate little nook off to the side ... wandered in and looked around, saw that beauty and fell in love. Sold it when I moved into the city, being pretty sure I'd never find a place to shoot it.

One of the best unintended consequences of that purchase was when I asked the guy what to oil it with, and he introduced me to Tri-Flow (called Tri-Flon back then) and I've been using it for nearly everything that needed light oil ever since. Guns, bicycles, cooling fluid for drill bits.

Gotta go get some #2 for the Wingmaster.  Come around the place, particularly at night, and we can do binniss.

And some .22 long rifle hollowpoint hi velocity for the little autoloader.

Quote:
On 2/29/2020 at 4:58 PM, Ramseys said:

Well after 6 months of dithering, I finally pulled the trigger(Pun intended) on a new upper for an AR build.

.350 Legend, 18" Parkerized Heavy Barrel, 1:16 Twist, Carbine Length Gas System, 15" MLOK Split Rail | Side Charging Upper.

I'll let you all know when it gets here. 

Well it got here a while back. Sat around for a few weeks until I finally got around to pulling the Stag .223 upper off a lower, and putting the .350 on.

Threw an EOTECH on top just so I wasn't shooting too wild.

Ran fine. Just 5 rounds. Don't have a huge stock pile of ammo for it.

Now I need to build a dedicated lower. Got most of the parts. Just need to put it together.

Oh yea, Soft shooting like everyone else says that's shot it.

I think it will make a good hog gun. Definitely a great deer gun.

I know this thing will max out about 200 yards, but I ain't in west Texas. Lots of scrub around here, so not likely to be a need for long distance shots.

From the late great Jeff Cooper. (If you don't know who he is, Google him)

No earth shaking revaluations. Just a reminder of gun safety for us old timers.

And with so many new gun owners, Please Please Please watch this video.

<div>
<iframe allowfullscreen="true" frameborder="0" height="344" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Jjk3j2bsxVw?feature=oembed" width="459"></iframe>

</div>

I've finally gotten of my bum and am starting to acquire parts to finally build my Mg 42,  Its going to be a few before it's complete but better late then never 

Question.  In what way might one pick up some ammo in a particular size/load without being connected to it?  Asking for an acquaintance.