• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns

Friend eh?       [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/rolleyes.gif[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="9_9" width="20" />       Used to be, pay cash at walmart.   Now they only sell hunting ammo.  

Unless it's a particularly questionable ammo just pay cash and it's yours.  Wear a N95 mask and you're not even on store video.

Of course 5000 rounds of .50 cal D.U. and there's probably questions.  Then I guess buy the bits and hand load your own..... 

Edit:

The above assumes you're in the U.S. and not in a major coastal city.  

Quote:
19 hours ago, littlejohn said:

Question.  In what way might one pick up some ammo in a particular size/load without being connected to it?  Asking for an acquaintance.

I know this guy in Costa Rica...

sw

Quote:
17 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

Unless it's a particularly questionable ammo just pay cash and it's yours. 

Unless you live in NY & want more'n a handful of rounds.

sw

Somehow I got the impression you hadda sign for ammo.

Quote:
2 hours ago, littlejohn said:

In some states you have to. I didn't think the state you live in, did. I may be wrong on that.

A simple Google search. "Buying ammo in state", should answer all questions.

All that aside. I'm very happy that as an American citizen that you are exercising your Second Amendment rights.

If you, or anyone who's new to owning a gun, I do hope you get some training on proper use of a gun.

And that training doesn't have to be the "Rambo" type. Just how to hold the gun, how to use the sights, how to load and reload, and how to properly clean the gun.

And some safe 'trigger time'. (check state laws on transporting a gun in your car.)

If you haven't, please watch the video I posted to this forum by Jeff Cooper on gun safety.

Yes, guns are dangerous... So is a Chainsaw. Proper handling is key to keeping body parts.

Remember guns are like your penis. It's great to have one, just don't take it out in public and wave it around.

Quote:
3 hours ago, littlejohn said:

I never have.  I don't get "mass quantities", a few boxes each of 8 or 10 kinds will do me, and not all at the same time.  

I've never ordered it by mail or on line (so they know where you live...), just paid cash at general merchandise stores, or pawn shops if I'm in a hurry.  I avoid military stores or gun shows; seems like those kind of places are probably watched more carefully.  If you're near a Bass Pro and don't mind paying through the nose, they have a wider selection. 

Quote:
6 minutes ago, Ramseys said:

Yes, guns are dangerous... So is a Chainsaw. Proper handling is key to keeping body parts.

I might point out also, that a chainsaw from Harbor Freight or Buffalo Tools is not as safe as a Stihl or a Husky.

Buy a potmetal P.O.S. Dixie Cup Special (can I still say "Dixie" Cup?) and you stand a better chance of hurting yourself.  Same goes for amateur gun sales guys; most of their "bargains" are stuff other people have had trouble with and traded off.  Unless you have to buy something with no serial number you're better off not buying other people's problems.  

Kentucky Gun gets good reviews and has the same thing new for $200 less that the local gun guy's used.

Buds, not so much.... 

I know nothing about guns. Whats a good price for a "self protection" gun, for say use against robbers? Would a novice be able to use and aim one? I'm just concerned about the increase of crime in my neighborhood (including some in broad day light).

Quote:
17 minutes ago, HeartBeatOfTheBeast said:

I know nothing about guns. Whats a good price for a "self protection" gun, for say use against robbers? Would a novice be able to use and aim one? I'm just concerned about the increase of crime in my neighborhood (including some in broad day light).

Guns are like horses, getting one is the easy part.   You will need ammo, clips or speed loaders, tools, cleaning supplies, holsters, and training (lots of training).   Just practice ammo will likely cost more than the gun and if you don't have a hundred rural acres available, a range fee too.   Depending on your location, you may also need a license or permit.