• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What type of hobbies do you have?

OK guys, stick to the topic of what your hobbies are and what is involved in them please. Saturine, to answer your question of "Why have hobbies", because to not means to be bored. Simple as that. Why post our hobbies here? To connect with others who share that hobby, to show a greater vein of interests than just sex, to do a variety of other things and lastly; to brag. Again, as simple as that. Why are they important? They help keep us from going nuts, just as they do for anybody else.

Post your hobbies, post how you participate in them, post shared interest in hobbies, ask how to participate in a hobby, etc...

sw

Quote:
50 minutes ago, silverwolf1 said:

Why are they important? They help keep us from going nuts

Amen to that.  When I wake up in the morning I try to set the day's projects.  Big or little, something.  No projects, really starts to weigh on you after a while.

Yea but you old guys into all that machinery stuff and I am the only youngin' one into sports [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> can't connect.

Heavy is gonna adopt me and teach me how to manage those machines :3

Quote:
4 hours ago, 30-30 said:

Horses are horses. Not your "idols". Not your "gods". Quit that crap. You´re chasing an unhealthy illusion and probably will be massively disappointed should you ever be given the chance to meet a real horse. 

I'm not going to lie, that literally sounds blasphemous to me. Horses are not just horses, they are much more than that. They are deserving of the highest form of praise. I'm not going to see them as anything less.

Yeah, don´t listen to the guy that has decades of experience, rather put your trust into some unbased illusions and expectations. You definitely will have a hard landing...as all the little "horsie" girls that came into my stables with similar rosey tinted illusions. Prepare your anus... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

Quote:
6 hours ago, Cat said:

Yea but you old guys into all that machinery stuff and I am the only youngin' one into sports [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> can't connect.

Heavy is gonna adopt me and teach me how to manage those machines :3

That's if there's a "job".  Definition: paid work.

Usual projects are much more mundane.   Paperwork: Gawd I hate paperwork!    Try to get a couple of carts of muck hauled out of the barn before it gets too hot, until the remains of lambing season are cleaned up.    Today was ear-tag and record the last of the lambs.    Tomorrow I'm going to try repacking some of the ball valves for the livestock watering system, some of them leak rather badly or won't hold a setting; they are the hermetic type so "failure is always an option".     Spray thistles.    Around a farm there's always something that needs doing.  But I get rather antsy if weather gets bad and I can't get out.  

Quote:
3 hours ago, 30-30 said:

Yeah, don´t listen to the guy that has decades of experience, rather put your trust into some unbased illusions and expectations. You definitely will have a hard landing...as all the little "horsie" girls that came into my stables with similar rosey tinted illusions. Prepare your anus... [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

Just because you don't believe that horses are divine creatures, it doesn't mean I have to think that way too. And honestly, it somehow makes me feel closer to them when I hold them in a spiritual light.

Quote:
2 hours ago, heavyhorse said:

That's if there's a "job".  Definition: paid work.

Usual projects are much more mundane.   Paperwork: Gawd I hate paperwork!    Try to get a couple of carts of muck hauled out of the barn before it gets too hot, until the remains of lambing season are cleaned up.    Today was ear-tag and record the last of the lambs.    Tomorrow I'm going to try repacking some of the ball valves for the livestock watering system, some of them leak rather badly or won't hold a setting; they are the hermetic type so "failure is always an option".     Spray thistles.    Around a farm there's always something that needs doing.  But I get rather antsy if weather gets bad and I can't get out.  

See I can help [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/ohmy.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":o" width="20" /> meh I'd probably get distracted all the time with the animals. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/tongue.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":P" width="20" />

Honestly my knowledge of farming is zero, but hey automation of paperwork [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> I haven't even ever been to a farm, I haven't touched a cow in my life; much less a lamb.

But just kidding, it is just that you are as old as my dad [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/sad.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":(" width="20" /> and I didn't interact much with my dad, so if you want an edgy sporty not anymore a teenager [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/laugh.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title="xD" width="20" /> JK.

Wut is this.

Allow me to conduct repairs on your damaged post.

My hobbies:

PC Building and maintaining.

Gaming.  Way too much gaming.

Writing.

Overclocking PCs (not the extreme kind but a lot).

A bit of audiophile stuff, though I have no music collection so it's more gaming oriented...  AKA not really audiophile.

PC Refurbishing.

Reverse engineering of low level code (I'm not near as good at this as Rannoch was, but I kind of enjoy it).

Fixed.

[Image: 57a.jpg.9c7515ea1e62f177428262b502deebbd.jpg]

The audiophile freaks are interesting.  And every bit as entertaining as conspiracy freaks.