• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

I can hunker down here for an eternity if I have to, but I'm still checking in on a couple neighbors who can't take full care of themselves no matter what my Governor says. It's the right thing to do, and can be done safely so I can see they're supplied and healthy too. Each of us up here have a family or two to look after, or take turns on one. We can't travel to the city Wal-Mart now to stock up, so what folks have is what they're stuck with as of today. Yesterday, most of us donated any big stockpiles of paper goods and canned foods and divided it among the families by size. I wasn't hoarding anyway on TP, but had a lot of canned and sent it along. 

I'm also playing farrier for 20 farms because the farrier has drastically reduced his area of travel, and lives 250 miles away. The feed store and farms pooled everything he had left, and split it up by need though so if this lasts more than a month or so and grain shipments stop the horses will go a little less well fed. The dogs can eat meat with me, and I can still hunt for it when the freezer empties.

Other'n being statewide and the 'social distancing' shit, and undetermined time, we do this for every blizzard. It's nothing new. This state has a load of cases though, and though none are in the mountains, it's scary...

Entertainment wise, The horse training and care falls all on me now. The girl who works here and her two friends can't come. She calls every day. She misses her horse. Then there's the dogs. The Border IS learning to herd... two miniature sheep. The Lab is a fool who must have ball fetching time. There's still work to do rebuilding from the fire, little things here and there, and with the state on lock-down workers can't come so I dabble instead. I'll remain entertained...

sw

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by silverwolf1 - 03-22-2020, 12:21 PM