• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

Quote:
9 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

I'm not even bothering. "If ya don't need it, why take it?" is my philosophy, and I don't. Kinda like Ford and the Bail-out though, it'll probably be forced upon me.

I haven't had a paying job or livestock sale since Mar 3.  I wouldn't mind a job if the people wanted to drop something off to be worked on and then left.  Or work on it in place at their place if they again went far away.  I don't much care for people around when I'm working anyway; it's not particularly a joy, and I have to watch constantly, can't even go back to the truck for tools.  Often have to tell them to please corral their rug-rats.  Something about an open 220v access panel attracts them like a magnet; I've had them get their fingers stuck in the slots of an air cleaner and had to deform the housing to get them loose.  

Don't mind so much when their animals come around, they are usually more curious about me than the job.  Occasionally they make it obvious they are used to getting a bit of "special" attention from humans; unfortunately I have to disappoint them, even when they press their case, like the big pink sow who quite deliberately flopped down right where I was working when I ignored her rather pointed advances.  Quite happy for me to sit on her belly to reach my work.  To my knowledge there isn't a single case of anyone getting the virus from domestic animals, so I'm good.

Fortunately the mortgage is paid off, but their paltry $133/week will still come in handy for utilities, feed and such.  I figure it as payback for some of what I've paid in in better times...  

Quote:
18 hours ago, elshara said:

I almost wish the virus will kill off more people making the world less stupid.

OK, this.  The planet is clearly overpopulated; there's hardly any problem that isn't caused or made worse by too much human biomass.  Darwin was right.  If the anti-vaxxers, science deniers and the shallow end of the gene pool want to be the ones to thin the herd, fine by me.  Just Please take the Morons at the top with you when you go....  

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by heavyhorse - 05-01-2020, 07:57 PM