• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My experiences being 'Zooey' on Social Media, a year and a half recap.

Informative and well put together.  :-)

However, as counterpoint, I consider Social Media to be the avowed enemy of all I hold dear, the source of damage second only to the Media Hounds (you referred to as "cults"), those few people who feel that creating public media spectacles on the network news is somehow in our best interest; that putting zoos in front of people will gain widespread acceptance, and waving "It worked for LGBT's" as a justification. 

As well as the fact that Social Media platforms are notoriously insecure, widely hacked, and designed to harvest personal information to identify individuals (for "targeted advertising" as they say).  And the "private" ones only remain so until the pedos and anarchists find them and the full resources of Gov't break them.   (The Boston bomber was prosecuted largely on the basis of "secure self-deleting" messages recovered 2 years later).  Once it's out there it's out there forever.  

Messages In This Thread
My experiences being 'Zooey' on Social Media, a year and a half recap. - by heavyhorse - 07-17-2020, 05:11 PM