• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Virtual Private Network (VPN)

I use Epic Browser.  From the other end it looks like you're using Chrome from some big city so sites don't have a cow like they sometimes do with TOR, servers in your choice of cities around the world.  Encrypted from your end so your ISP can't see your traffic.  (I prefer a public VPN so your traffic gets lost among a million other people.  A VPN from a private server is kind of obvious......)   I think it's faster than some of the other browsers, probably because it isn't trying to load a bunch of crap through my tiny keyhole 0.5Mbps connection speed.  

It has that irritating Chrome "Allow notifications Y/N" tab at the beginning of each session.  I just click NO and go on.  

Oh yes, it's free.    

www.epicbrowser (dot) com/privacy/intro.html

I use a legacy version because you don't have to remember to turn on the proxy/VPN each time.    225 Mb.

I'm using a desktop version.  Here's their blurb about mobile:

Woot! Epic for iOS is in the App Store!

<hr style="border-bottom-color:rgba(255,255,255,.2);border-bottom-style:solid;border-top-color:rgba(0,0,0,.2);border-top-style:solid;border-width:1px 0px;color:#808080;font-size:12px;" />
Epic for iOS has the same features you've enjoyed in Epic for desktop including an easily-enabled, free, unlimited VPN/proxy for the browser and AdBlock. Epic for iOS is in an always-on private browsing mode and includes fingerprinting and other privacy protections. Epic for iOS includes mobile-only features such as our Audio Queue that can read a set of webpages to you, text/reader mode and an encrypted file vault. It’s free with no in-app purchases.<span> 

iPhone and iPad users, please give Epic for iOS a spin. We think you’ll love it! 

Remember, some core Epic functionality such as our Encrypted Proxy/VPN is now user-controlled. Add them via the blue link on the Epic new tab page.</span>

<hr style="border-bottom-color:rgba(255,255,255,.2);border-bottom-style:solid;border-top-color:rgba(0,0,0,.2);border-top-style:solid;border-width:1px 0px;" />
Android Users: Epic for Android is available in the Play Store. We think you'll love it too.

Messages In This Thread
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by heavyhorse - 08-03-2020, 12:38 PM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by caikgoch - 08-04-2020, 05:48 AM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by heavyhorse - 08-04-2020, 06:17 PM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by caikgoch - 08-05-2020, 03:04 AM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by Oregon - 08-11-2020, 05:09 PM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by cervids - 09-19-2020, 02:30 AM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by WolfandShepsky - 12-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Virtual Private Network (VPN) - by heavyhorse - 12-05-2022, 01:14 PM