• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

Lack of tourism is hurting us up here quite a bit. The Gov King allows State Parks to have camping now, which is where our tourists come from, but the little shops and bars and diners can only open under draconian rules most can't meet, no shops are large enough to accommodate social distancing for inside shopping, Bars can't serve inside, must serve food to serve drinks, and you can't drink outside or you get arrested and the bar loses it's licence. Diners are so small they can only have three tables at which to serve.

The farms struggle still. Dairy's are dying across the country in this still, and the family owned ones here are so small as to be especially vulnerable. Tourism also hurts the private campgrounds around here, which can't open though the State Parks can, so trickle down happens and the horse boarding stables, atv rentals, hardware store, etc. all hurt.

The village still struggles..

Myself, I'm OK. Kinda pissed when I hear how we're in a new "phase" of opening, and I still see businesses struggling up here when there ain't been a single case up here, but I'm OK..

sw

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by silverwolf1 - 08-04-2020, 11:41 AM