• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A request on the well-being of some members.

Quote:
On 8/4/2020 at 8:23 AM, heavyhorse said:

He doesn't know where "Block User" is? 

Or he should take a cue from (N&A XL)  Bulent:  "Suck it!"  

He can't block the Admin's moderation choices made at the time. That's what he disagreed with & why he left, for the record. He felt I locked threads when I disagreed with where and how the discussion was going, and also for the record he may have been right, partially. The attempts to be fair and just to one user (30-30, since banned) did indeed blind me to the rights of the rest of the members of the forum to continue a debate. <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> made an honest attempt to show me this, then left when I didn't see it. It made it appear that I was intentionally favoring and protecting 30-30 actually, and his position in the discussion. I thought at the time that I was doing the opposite. It's difficult to try to be fair to everyone at the same time with-out this becoming another shit-fest site of insults and hate speech. Locking threads isn't the answer though, it's a last resort. I've learned that. 

Also, you cannot tell another member to "suck it" here. That's a personal attack & against the rules. That's another point of disagreement he and I had. He felt I wasn't enforcing that one equally in those discussions, though I was definitely trying to. It was, btw, what did finally get 30-30 banned a few weeks after <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="204" href="<___base_url___>/profile/204-egoldstein/">@egoldstein</a> left. Too little too late there.

sw 

Messages In This Thread
A request on the well-being of some members. - by silverwolf1 - 08-07-2020, 10:49 AM