• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I guess I never made one of these, whoops

Thanks for the Intro <a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/2915-avianraptor/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="2915" href="<___base_url___>/profile/2915-avianraptor/">@AvianRaptor</a>. Nice to get to know you a bit. Vegan is OK, I guess. I sorta tried it once and lasted a week, heh, but like my Spirit the Wolf, I am an omnivore. Too many folks call them Carnivores with a capital C, conjuring images of taking down Bison & Elk daily in bloody battle. I've studied and felt them, and know half their diet is carrion, the other split between fresh kills and grasses, berries, roots, tubers and even bear poop. I avoid the bear poop, but eating meat some-one else killed is technically 'carrion', so when on rare occasions I buy mine it is still their diet..

Anyway, I digress. I see many Avians in your list of species. There are others here who share in those attractions. As for myself, I have over 50 feeding stations of various types scattered around the farm, feeding at least 10 different types of food, and provide both natural & artificial nesting and roosting areas for songbirds, woodpeckers, raptors, herons, ducks & geese and loons. I  photograph them and study their mating and breeding behavior. I also find most species to be quite beautiful. My World would honestly be lessened severely without their daily interaction.

Don't avoid visiting or participation out of feeling you have little to add. You never know when what you say will be the one thing that makes the most sense, or how much response your words will generate. Join in, you are a valuable voice.

sw

Messages In This Thread
I guess I never made one of these, whoops - by silverwolf1 - 08-17-2020, 10:46 AM