• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Florida does it again!!!

Quote:
11 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

"Nobody" wades through the ToS, it's a yard-long legal morass.  But yeah, the apps ToS tell you they data-mine, send your data and device specs back to the Mothership including names and passwords for other accounts and devices in some cases.  Good read if you can even understand the language.  And then they can legally say they told you so if it ever comes up.  

When all the major email carriers sent "notices of changes of terms" saying they require personal data and wireless number to prove identity when you open an account and read your content "for directed advertising" (using keyword bots I assume, maybe image recognition software these days) I deleted all my messages and contacts and moved my contact list to Protonmail.   For this kind of content at least.  It's only a tiny software change from bots harvesting keywords for advertising, to harvesting keywords for KP, and subsequently keywords for critter bumping.   

Pretty much this. Proton doesn't really decrypt / share / harvest anything that I know of, though one thing to consider: there have been bugs in parts of it's software validation like PGP that allow the leaking of the certificates, and their data. That being said, many of these are already corrected.

Always remember, your best security is your own. Watch your step, avoid the 'major services' for anything 'NSFW', etc..

Messages In This Thread
Florida does it again!!! - by Hiway - 08-18-2020, 10:04 AM
Florida does it again!!! - by heavyhorse - 08-18-2020, 12:39 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by caikgoch - 08-18-2020, 02:03 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by heavyhorse - 08-19-2020, 04:43 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by HeartBeatOfTheBeast - 08-20-2020, 01:51 AM
Florida does it again!!! - by heavyhorse - 08-20-2020, 12:25 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by WinterGreenWolf - 08-20-2020, 12:39 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by heavyhorse - 08-18-2020, 02:43 PM
Florida does it again!!! - by WinterGreenWolf - 08-18-2020, 04:09 PM