• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

Quote:
On 10/8/2020 at 3:03 PM, heavyhorse said:

The prices below are for our conventional beef cuts. Prices for grass fed beef are about $1 lb. higher.   Berlin, NJ

I go halves now with a neighbor raising a steer every 2 years or so. Haven't bought beef in a store in decades. Before I did halves, I raised my own. I never named 'em or made pets out of them, wouldn't have been fair to 'em, but I never did like the idea of anonymous killing done for my survival. My dad was a Butcher. We grew up knowing where our meat came from, on the farm and off. I spent a fair bit of my youth in the slaughterhouse and stockyard, and the auction-house. I know where the stores get their meat, and I don't want it. If there's something I want I don't have in my freezer, there's a responsible slaughterhouse down the mountain where the owner knows me and will let me cut my own out of what I choose.

I hunt too (deer, grouse, rabbit), and fish, so beef isn't on the menu all the time, and share raise a hog as well as raise my own ducks and a meat lamb or two (never eat chicken, nasty things). Apologies to the Vegans, but I am a Wolf after all..

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by silverwolf1 - 10-10-2020, 10:26 AM