• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

Quote:
4 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

chicken, nasty things

LOL.  I guess everyone should do stuff at least once, just so they know how things work.  When we were little kids, we did the chickens thing.  Chopping block, "running around with their heads cut off", scalding in boiling water, plucking feathers.  It was a clusterfrack of epic proportions; kids and dogs covered in wet shitty feathers, gut barrels, and the smell.  A valuable lesson indeed.  Now I have no fowl of any kind.  Coyote candy.  

We hunted wild game back then, I still have my first gun, a single shot .22 / .410, iron sights (with an absurdly short stock), I can still shoot squirrels and rabbits at a hundred yards, awkward since I'm right handed but have to shoot with the left eye the last several years.  Really good eatin'.  But these days, after the game is dead and the oxygen stops, the worms and grubs coming out of them ...... Total freak-out.  I just can't get OK with that.  Just no.

There's a local store, across the road and up one block from walmart, "Known For Our Meats".  Custom cutting for free if you ask.  Less than you pay for live plus custom processing.   Fresh fish too, and way better produce for less than walmart or (gawd forbid) Aldi.  Give the local places a try.     

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by heavyhorse - 10-10-2020, 03:36 PM