• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

(20 years ago.  Technically dead at one point by some metics.  (But I feel much better now...))

Quote:
17 hours ago, caikgoch said:

when I could walk 40 feet with a walker and climb 3 steps. 

This was pretty much the "rehab" I got before sending home.  At home I could walk about 100 feet before my vision closed in from the sides and greyed out and I had to sit down on the floor or ground.  Later I burned out the radio in the truck turning it up loud enough to keep my brain from going "zombie".

Can't overstate the value of getting a GOOD doctor dedicated to "Quality of life".  Dumped the 3 doctors they had me reporting to, got me off drugs no one knew who prescribed or why, got me on other "preferred", blood tests weekly, got my chemistry balanced out.  I will die if I go off my drugs; another doctor tried something "improved" and I was in the ER 5 days later.  Changed "systems" to get back to my other doctor.   A GOOD doctor does research and gets back to you a few days later, show you trials, what helps or hurts.  

If you don't think you're getting the treatment you need you have to dump 'em.  These days you have to be your own health care advocate....  

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by heavyhorse - 10-20-2020, 03:28 PM