• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic

I visited a flea market last weekend (one of the few that remain open in the area).  One of the dealers, a fifty-something guy, was ranting and raving that the whole virus thing was a hoax and a scam.  No mask, no nothing,  I stayed the hell away from him.  There's a word for people like that, "covidiots."   I wonder if he'll keep on thinking that when he's lying in a hospital and they're about to shove tubes down his throat.

An acquaintance of mine and his lady friend would go to a small town in northern Italy every year to see the Easter Passion Play.  This year, with the travel bans, they couldn't fly to Naples to get there, so they got creative.  They flew to Barcelona, Spain, took a train through France to as close to the Italian border as they could get, rented a car to cross the border and got a bus to their destination.  They spent several days there, got back to Barcelona and flew home.  They both started showing signs of illness on the plane on the way back to Florida.  

They got snagged by a temperature scanner at the airport in Florida and were quarantined.  The lady friend, age 71, had a relatively mild case but spent 2 weeks plus in the hospital.  The guy, age 77, passed away after 9 days on a ventilator.

All through the trip, they posted on social media about how they had skirted the travel bans and were able to go "wherever we want with impunity."  I can only guess how many people they shared their deadly "souvenir" with on buses, trains, planes and at airports.  Hope you enjoyed your trip, Phil.  See you in hell, dumbass.

Messages In This Thread
so how is everyone surviving the pandemic - by DingoJay - 11-14-2020, 12:22 AM