• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repairing your own vehicles and machinery

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

Hopefully this is the sort of crap that the Executive Order addresses.

Not going to happen.   What is going on is the marching of tech and personal injury lawyers hand in hand.

Have you noticed that many crane operators wear the control panel and walk around outside the crane?   Even "simple" tractors have a programmable 3-point that lets them make turns and rows with speed and precision.   That means all controls are electronic.   The computer monitors the circuits controlling the hydraulic valves and if any fault is sensed in any circuit the computer shuts down that circuit and all associated with it.   The idea is that you can't get into a situation where you can lift a load and not be able to lower it.  

That makes conventional diagnosis impossible.   The problem is being addressed but it will take time for the solutions to become widely available.   For example, I got rather annoyed at a certain CNH product that would not allow me to activate any hydraulics until the engine reached certain conditions (running at speed).   That made diagnosis *VERY* unsafe so I built an engine simulator and connected it to the computer.   The computer thinks the engine is running so it lets me do what I want to do.   Things like that are coming on the market as we speak.

Messages In This Thread
Repairing your own vehicles and machinery - by caikgoch - 07-29-2021, 02:53 PM