• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fines for dumping off a pet at the shelter

Quote:Here they just passed a law for dumping a pet, IE: not going in to the shelter, or showing up when it's closed, and leaving an animal tied or caged outside. I'm all in favor of that. This was done after a dog was left tied to the railing on a week-end with no water, food or shelter and was found dead Monday morning by staff. Sickening.
sw
Thats truly messed up, I'm with silverwolf1 on this one, I hope that the people responsible for doing that got punished.. (they deserve to spend time in jail as they were responsible for the death of an animal)
I Believe if someone abondens a dog they should be fined and banned from owning another one for a set period of time.. If they turn a dog into a shelter with a unjust reason, the shelter should be able to charge them money for the cost of care for the animal.. But if they actually turn a dog in to a shelter for a good reason (unable to keep them because of housing situation, or some other good reason) that's a different story..
  no one should be abodening a dog just because they are old or they no longer want them; it's just plain wrong.. these people shouldn't have got a animal in the first place .. There is currently laws in my state against animal abondenment that fines a person up to $100 if found guilty.. I am completely for this law.

Messages In This Thread
Fines for dumping off a pet at the shelter - by Cynolove693 - 07-16-2017, 04:53 AM