• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fear of taking a knot

Quote:
4 hours ago, caikgoch said:

Ah, the passions of youth.        You think love is something that happens and draws the two of you together.        That is lust.        Love is what happens when the two of you stay together and grow into one.      Enjoy the lust, I assure you that he will.      Take care of him and in a few years both of you will realize that you are incomplete without the other.      Then we can talk about love.        Take it from an old fart, this is how the world works.        Your glands, your receptors in your brain, your instincts and his are all designed to work this way.

I've felt love before and I've felt lust, I'm well aware of the difference, I feel incomplete without the dog I fell in love with, the dog that was my lover before my current dog

He was everything to me, Id known him for years and our bond was the strongest I've ever had with any dog, you just know when you've found your soulmate; the only reason I moved on was it was to hard to try and make it work with him not being my dog;

Only to realize afterwards that it was a mistake giving up and it drained me of emotion, I've felt empty for a while now... getting a dog of my own didn't fill that emptiness, but I will say that without the company of my own dog I would be completely alone so I owe him that, my company and loyalty..

But as for sex I don't really want or need it, I'd rather build a Platonic relationship than have it be for lust, without any deeper feelings behind it, but will I ever feel complete again; enough to be myself, or is that part of me left behind in my previous love??

I honestly feel like I lost the ability to feel love at a romantic level, it hurt so much giving up on a love that meant the world to me, I feel broken now like I can't love again, and it's been over a year since I got my new dog and tried to move on from my old lover..

I don't know what to do, even if I had the choice to get my old lover back I'd have to choose between him or my current dog as I'm only allowed 1 dog where I live plus two unfixed males don't get along well, thing is I would choose my old lover, because I've known him longer and our bond is strong.. thinking about that hurts though as I do feel attached to my dog and having to rehome him would be painful but not as much as not being with the dog I'm in love with if I had the chance too, I wouldn't pass it up...

I feel lost and I don't know what to do; but at the same time I do and it's confusing the hell outta me

Anyways I sound pitiful maybe even ungrateful so I might as well keep my feelings inside, because I'll just get judged if I dont; anyways getting way of topic now, sorry...

Messages In This Thread
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-12-2017, 10:23 PM
Fear of taking a knot - by threelegs - 11-13-2017, 05:54 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-13-2017, 07:55 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by arcticwolf - 11-15-2017, 01:35 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by threelegs - 11-17-2017, 04:23 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Fear of taking a knot - by caikgoch - 11-20-2017, 03:14 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-20-2017, 08:16 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by caikgoch - 11-20-2017, 11:59 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-25-2017, 12:31 AM
Fear of taking a knot - by Cynolove693 - 11-25-2017, 04:43 AM