• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia

@caikgoch: Yeah, why should it make a difference whether I hit a kid or rape it? /s  Good for you that you obviously adopted a "sex is just as normal as taking a leak" weltbild....but the rest of the world isn´t buying...does that answer your question? And since Silverwolf expressed his wishes we shouldn´t derail this thread anymore, that will be my last off topic reply.

On topic: Interesting question, Silverwolf. Egoldstein´s reply might sound somewhat coherent, but then I am the direct opposite to that as I never was what could be described as "drawn towards animals" in my childhood. We had a bobtail as a family dog when I was young, but I´ve never seen myself as especially attached emotionally to animals. I´ve had contact to a few horses in my childhood, but there never was this special feeling towards them...hell, I even considered horses to be "girlie stuff" for the vast majority of my childhood. Only when I reached puberty, these feelings of indifference and "meh! Horses."  changed.Fundamentally.

IN one of his books from the discworld cycle, Terry Pratchett introduced the idea of a special element he called "narrativium" that is solely important for humans. He described it as "the storymaking element", every human´s urge to comprise a coherent story out of a rather chaotic life. I really think this entire debate is heavily influenced by this "narrativium", the urge to find "reasons", tie links to unrelated elements for the sole reason of making a story out of it. 

Having said this, I want to mention that a large portion of these "animal welfare activists" and many show off vegans and vegetarians also insist on having a very close relationship to animals in their childhood. But as you know, these two groups aren´t exactly what you´d consider a collection of zoophiles or the epitome of support for zoos. I really don´t believe there´s a direct connection here. Of course I can only speak for myself here, but my zoophilia started when I reached puberty and found myself untterly uninterested in humans on a sexual and partnership level. Before that, I was just a "normal" boy without any intentions to become "one of those sick animal fuckers" at all. I martyred myself about the "Why" during my puberty quite a lot because I wanted to understand , I searched for "reasons" , read books, spoke to other zoos...but up to this day, I couldn´t find any final answer to the "Why?". Genetical, environmental, social,etc....no single "reason"  and not even a combination of those "reasons" answered my "Why?" here. I´ve met more than enough people and heard their stories to falsify both sides of the "coin" here. You can have an extraordinary attachment to animals in your childhood and still come out of it without the yearning to have sex with an animal, you can (as I, among some other zoos, did) have little to no emotional attachment to animals and still find yourself being a zoophile.  I grew up in a suburban environment, but my one half of my grandparents still lived and worked as farmers in a rural area, so I can say I was exposed to "both worlds", yet neither of these worlds has shaped my sexual orientation. My grandpa had several draft horses and I could have had easy access to them without much ado...on the other hand, when I was in school and just developing my sexual identity, my classmates used to tease me with my newly discovered affliction with equines on a regular basis. To abbreviate this: I heavily doubt we will come to a disclosure in this discussion, there is no final solution, there are no "warning signs", no isolated incident that makes you a zoo. Sure, many outer influences will play a certain role in becoming a zoo, but in the end, I feel it´s all dependent on your personality. Being socially awkward may seem like a logical predisposition...if you can´t find a common place with humans, you naturally will start searching for other outlets of your sexual energy....but on the other hand, there are masses of socially awkward people who would never ever even think about falling in love with an animal instead. There are tons of sexually "adventurous" folks who will never waste a thought on bestiality...and not only because it´s "forbidden" and banned by law.

I believe the whole debate is doomed to fail, there is no sole reason, no influence that inevitably will lead to "zoophilia"...at least not a general one applicable to us as an entire subgroup of people. Each and every one will find "reasons" why he/she is THAT way....if he/she is digging deep enough. But I heavily tend to think that it´s truly the "narrativium" that´s working here, the urge to tell a coherent story to others , to yourself...to make something that´s rather irrational and inconcievable less frightening and erratic. I am a zoo because I am a zoo. I don´t need more "reasons" that that. I don´t try to find what "triggered" me becoming a zoo anymore because I couldn´t find that one , life changing "trigger"...and god knows how hard I tried to.

I grew up as a rather "normal" boy, never was exposed to animals in an extraordinary manner, never had social problems with humans, wasn´t rejected by women or anything like that. I evn got bitten and bucked off by a horse in Kindergarten....and still , here I am, an exclusive zoophile in his fourties who found his soulate and lived with her for 22 years in perfect harmony. Here I am, completely uninterested in having a human partner (what I, btw, find equally repulsive as a normal person might find it to be in a partnership with an animal), sure about my orientation and the fact I can and will only find my peace of mind with a mare by my side, as my partner, my equal.

With a mare by my side, I feel "at home", I feel I am where I belong to , where I should be. I feel "understood", I feel calm and relaxed. And that´s the only "reason" for me to have come to terms with the strange "hand" that has been dealt to me. I don´t waste my energy on reasoning why I ended up with exactly these "cards" anymore, I just try to play these cards the best way possible, to get the most out of this situation, no matter how "good" or "bad" these cards might seem.

A horse obviously doesn´t wonder why it is a horse...so, why should I wonder and martyr myself with trying to find "reasons" for what I am? Reasons that are effectively not existent? I guess that´s where zoos really should take an example from their quadruped partners....stop worrying, stop digging for "reasons" and "triggers" that made you what you are, start living instead. Life is short...even shorter for our partners...so why the heck should I invest this precious time in chasing ghosts? I am what I am. And I can perfectly live without digging for reasons, reasons that may never be found. I somehow envy "dumb" people ´cause they always seem to be happier with their lives than everyone else. I´m not generalising this though...but ignorance indeed IS bliss...to a certain degree. Freedom isn´t granted by laws, freedom comes from within.

Reality is chaotic , erratic and irrational. Yet, humans tend to look at reality and draw grids onto the window glass they are watching reality through to make sense out of the chaos. Sadly, many humans tend to mistake their self drawn grids for reality. The world needs no reason to exist, so why should I as a zoo? I quit mining for "narrativium" a long time ago...and, what can I say, life is way easier ever since. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" />   

Just my two cents...

Messages In This Thread
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by Cynolove693 - 11-28-2017, 01:00 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by 30-30 - 11-28-2017, 02:55 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by zootrashcan - 11-28-2017, 03:12 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by Cynolove693 - 11-28-2017, 03:40 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by Cynolove693 - 11-28-2017, 03:54 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by caikgoch - 11-28-2017, 08:17 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by 30-30 - 11-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by zootrashcan - 11-28-2017, 08:34 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by 30-30 - 11-28-2017, 08:38 AM
Social Anxiety and Zoophilia - by Cynolove693 - 11-28-2017, 08:40 AM