• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to deal with lack of contact with horses?

Even though I kind of suffer from this myself, the obvious answer would be is to take a look at a manege. I imagine that riding them would be the best way to get used to them.

Although I myself did sometimes get in contact with them by taking walks with my girl. Meeting someone else's horses when you're taking a walk with your dog isn't too weird.

Their owners will probably understand if you're not on private property or any area where you're not really supposed to be. If you're shy of horses (or their owners) there's no way but to start fighting that fear.

I do feel you though because I'm also a young (I'm assuming you're young too) equine zoo who doesn't have too much experience (mainly because of shyness). When I was a kid I went to a farm with horses almost every week, I've went on a horse trip once and I am an intern at a children's farm which has a few ponies. Teaches you a bit about the basics, though. I guess following an education about animals like me also can give you a bit of an advantage.

Luck plays a part, too. But I doubt that you wouldn't find a single horse if you really went searching for them.

Messages In This Thread
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-22-2018, 10:58 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 03:00 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 05:37 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 07:20 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 07:24 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 08:03 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 08:45 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-24-2018, 09:14 PM
How to deal with lack of contact with horses? - by Guest - 03-31-2018, 04:12 AM