• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Very scared of the vegan movement. need some help to calm down.

First of all, so there´s a bunch of people with an almost religious zeal to "convert" everyone else to ther radical beliefs, arrogant and sectarian. They even have some organisations openly trying to influence public discourse in every appropriate and inappropriate way thinkable. This group sees itself as "the bearer of the truth" and "the avantgarde", fanaticised, stubbornly fighting for goals that are totally not open for any compromise in any shape or form, and is incapable to see things through another mindset.....are you sure you´re talking about a bunch of radical veggies here? At least one other group which would absolutely qualify for a similar description comes into my mind. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

Regarding the PETA problem: Well, they won´t gain enough traction in society. They basically make the same mistake(s) a certain other group is making...they´re too radical and unwilling to compromise. Fanatical, irrational, often hypocritical, giving up their propagated ideals in an instant, revealing their real ulterior credo of "Der Zweck heiligt die Mittel"  (Purpose justifies all means) quite openly. I as a longtime non radical veggie am equally appalled by PETA and similar radicalists although I have many sympathies for the goal to cut down on meat consumption. Not only because I´m a zoo and therefor way more on the side of the animals, but simply because mankind cannot afford to go on with mass meat "production", polluting and destroying our planet. Meat consumption in the amounts of what today is seen as "normal" is draining resources we don´t have, it is only contributing to destruction of smaller farmers on the market ("Go big or go home" is the only way to survive in that business today) and is a crass matter of imbalanced food distribution because for every kilogram of meat, it takes truckloads of water, land and food for cows and pigs that are missing in other parts of the world. Meat consumption in the amounts of today will not only eat away on our own future, it is already eating away at the poorer earth region´s present.

There´s plethora of reasons to curb down on the meat consumption, all good ones, well thought through ones. I as a veggie would be happy if the majority would only readopt the form of meat consumption that was common a couple of decades ago, once in a week is enough to be healthy...many academics point out that with well based studies and research. Yoou don´t need to be a member of PETA and other eco terrorist groups to see that it´s unavoidable to reevaluate meat consumption and most of the veggies I know are similarly repulsed by those radicals without losing their ideals. What you´re so afraid of is a real small group of braindeads lost in their own ego, not vegetarianism itself or the majority of veggies. And as I said, the level of radicaity will make it impossible for them to gain enough traction in society. Many folks who otherwise would be open for debate on meat consumption are shutting down entirely when it´s visibly radicalised brickheads who are trying to "misssionise" them. Hmmm, could it be that moderate approaches are better than bathing in one´s own ego by demanding the world should readjust around a small splinter group´s "utopia"...?? [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/wink.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=";)" width="20" /> 

Tl;dr: Nevermind PETA et al. They´re rather unimportant, except from their own perspective. The world won´t forcefully turned completely vegan by those groups...saying otherwise is nothing but a conspiracy theory. Yeah, they´re morons, but don´t let that distract you from the simple fact that mankind only has two choices...a) going on like this with all the meat and be extinct in the near future ( no fertile soil = no food, pest control killing bees = no natural reproducztion of plants = no fruits, no grain, no anything , in China, they even put the pollen where it belongs by hand in some regions where insects have almost died out!) or b) eating much less meat. 

Messages In This Thread
Very scared of the vegan movement. need some help to calm down. - by 30-30 - 04-07-2018, 10:12 PM