• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trouble with NOT publicly discussing zoophilia

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

The problem is that there is no "Right" in the public perception.  Sex with animals = felony conviction.  You can try to "feather" it all you want, this= bad; this= good, but there is no finessing it to the extent that it won't be a public spectacle.  The entire concept of sex with animals is a public spectacle.  You can argue about deep, heartfelt undivided love all you want, the public sees "Animal fucker!!!"   The media will be unforgiving, the legislature will take it as sign that they haven't made enough laws, the animals will be executed, and the person making the argument will be run to ground and prosecuted.  There is no good outcome to a public service campaign.

Honestly, I disagree. It didn't take much sleuthing to find a balanced interview by a major publisher. The interviewee's responses weren't necessarily perfect, but better than alot of what I've seen too. There are honest and reasonable journalists out there, that just want people to know the truth of the struggle, and people willing to listen.

In the comments, there was a number of zoophiles, pro zoos, and antis feuding, naturally(the latter often not bothering to read the interview), but also comments like this one here:

"This article surprisingly opened my eyes to how quickly we are to judge others as though we're somehow superior or know better.

<p style="color:#000000;font-size:15px;padding:0px;text-align:left;">
I'm a Christian Libertarian-Conservative; I tend to fall to the right of Rush Limbaugh. Had I not read this entire piece, I'd be very quick to call you-something. The interviewer did an outstanding job opening up your truth. I applaud you both. It takes bravery to share something that most simply knee-jerk an ugly opinion about.

While I can't say I understand your feelings for your mare, I sympathize with the life you're compelled to live in secret. It's very sad.

Thank you for sharing your world up to most of us whom only came here to be outraged and judge you. Our honest truth is that most of it is feigned outrage to feel better about our own lives. It's easy to claim righteousness and find humor when judging something society has deemed taboo. But again- that's easy- not intellectually honest. Your openness and truthfulness has softened at least one hard heart.

May life bring you continued happiness"

And there are no doubt others like them that reacted the same way without commenting, and perhaps others more that were persuaded by their response to the interview. That's not to say garnering media support or fairness isn't an uphill battle, but it can happen and there are agents in the media eager to approach the issue fairly.

Messages In This Thread
The trouble with NOT publicly discussing zoophilia - by AmoreBestia - 04-09-2018, 06:32 PM