• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The trouble with NOT publicly discussing zoophilia

Quote:
1 hour ago, heavyhorse said:

The problem is that there is no "Right" in the public perception.  Sex with animals = felony conviction.  You can try to "feather" it all you want, this= bad; this= good, but there is no finessing it to the extent that it won't be a public spectacle.  The entire concept of sex with animals is a public spectacle.  You can argue about deep, heartfelt undivided love all you want, the public sees "Animal fucker!!!"   The media will be unforgiving, the legislature will take it as sign that they haven't made enough laws, the animals will be executed, and the person making the argument will be run to ground and prosecuted.  There is no good outcome to a public service campaign.

That´s just not an adaequate description of the real situation,HH. Yeah, there are quite some of those people you describe, but there are also lots of people without any preconception of zoophilia simply because they never were confronted with it and never would have gotten the idea by themselves. Sure, everyone has a certain gut feeling when another one tries to tell him about his deep sexual and emotional love of an animal, but most people simply are rather undecided in a certain sense. Biased, most often towards the "eeewwww!sick!" side, but not inapproachable for discourse. I´ve had more contacts with people who turned out to be at least tolerant (in the true meaning of this word as "I absolutely don´t like what you´re doing, but you both seem to be a happy couple and I see no reason to interfere although I still have my doubts about you") than with people radically and categorically opposed to zoophilia in every way. Of course I´m talking from a Germany centered perspective and cannot know how the atmosphere is overseas, but the propagated "overwhelming majority of people are completely zoo anti" narrative just doesn´t match up with reality over here. I´ve had some rational discussions about zoophilia with the outside. I had my talks with rather doubtful friends making some of the points I usually bring up when criticising the current state of our community. I haven´t pulled those points out of my ass, you know. The media is not half as "unforgiving" as you try to sell it here, over the time, alot of decent and neutrality focused articles have emerged. Of course you won´t find those in the yellow press and on clickbait sites pushing sensationalistic news for clicks, but if you dig deeper, there are a lot of rather forgiving articles out there. So please don´t paint that picture of us as a repressed minority on an almost holocaustian level again. Most of these "us versus them" feelings are hardly more than self hypnosis to fit into a victim role for various reasons. And actually it´s this stubborn fight for totally unregulated zoophilia that largely contributes to the government further focusing its attention on our scene. "Look, Bob, those animal fuckers we just outlawed now demand total laissez faire now! I guess we haven´t made our point clear enough already..." - "Yeah, Frank, they apparently want more..."

You want to be trusted with your animals by society? Why don´t you put in the least little amount of trust in society yourselves? Why is it alway that others owe YOU things first, but you don´t feel any obligation to give back the favour? Only good communication with the outside offering real alternatives to the either - or binary thinking will lead to changes. I´m not saying anyone should go and molest random people with his orientation, I´m also not saying that improvements will come by a fingersnip..it still will be a real struggle. But at least the chances of succeeding aren´t glued to the point of absolute zero anymore that way.

It´s not as desperate as it looks for us...but the main factor is us, not society and ramming our narrative down random people´s throats at all costs.  

Messages In This Thread
The trouble with NOT publicly discussing zoophilia - by 30-30 - 04-09-2018, 07:38 PM