• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help.

Quote:
3 minutes ago, Eagle said:

I instead recommend what's called an Ovary-Sparing Spay or OSS.  It removes the uterus, but not the ovaries -- so she can't have puppies, won't drip blood during heats but will still have them, will not impact her hormones and, as a cannot-understand-the-importance of benefit, she can't get pyometra.  Unfortunately, like vasectomies, it can be difficult to find a vet willing to do this instead of pushing spays/castrations only.

Thanks for your answers.

I've heard of this before, but it makes me really uncomfortable. I love her body the way she is, so removing a body part of her seems cruel and unethical.

I need some comforting. Did one of your bitches have this surgery? How do you feel about it then?

I'll still consider it because it seems way better than a normal spay or castration.

Quote:
5 minutes ago, caikgoch said:

Keep looking.    There has to be an honest vet somewhere.

I will, it's just really stressful for me because I'm asking multiple vets really weird / suspicious questions since no single vet seems to do this surgery...

Messages In This Thread
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by throupletrouble - 09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM