• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help.

Quote:
6 hours ago, silverwolf1 said:

This is a clone account of a banned member. Most if not all of the above is fabricated. Thank you to the users who replied so thoughtfully, but I hate seeing you unfairly used.

sw

Well, I can see some value in the discussion regardless, though thanks for the heads-up.

Anyone keeping intact dogs will at some point need containment, for certain times.  For large well-motivated dogs chain link will tear like a run in panty hose.  I made a kennel with a small air cond building (with no windows and sturdy locks, btw) at one end and outdoor runs made of "horse panels" (1/8 inch galvanized steel rods welded in 2 x 4 inch openings) fastened to rebars set in the concrete floor.  With stock panels covering the top.  Which cost less than the chain link dog pens, bigger, and have lasted about 25 years with minimal wear so far.  I do recommend the solid aluminum doggie doors; the plastic ones take about 20 seconds to shred.  Sure it's nice to keep them in the house, but a Dane in heat can tear through a wall, jump through a closed window, do thousands $ in damage, be severely injured.  Plan ahead-- 

Messages In This Thread
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 02:57 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by heavyhorse - 09-08-2018, 04:35 AM
Clueless zoo in trouble, please help. - by Eagle - 09-08-2018, 06:46 AM