• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What hobbies/ activities do your companion animals enjoy?

In another thread we've told of our hobbies and interests, but what of our lovers and companions? Of course it's understood that they must first be introduced to and must be given these activities by us most times but they can introduce us to new forms of play as well. So, what do your companions do for fun?

Tippy, though not outgoing was a people watcher. She loved to sit in the park all day watching their shenanigans. She'd ignore adults, but would even let kids pet her. I know it was her thing 'cause I hated it.

Tippy also enjoyed hiking and camping with me and was quite the explorer of new trails.

All my dogs visit childrens hospitals and nursing homes, but Shadow honestly enjoyed doing so most.

Tippys son Rags was my most athletic, into agility, flyball, frisbee, and water diving. He also loved hiking and camping and anything outdoors. He was also a working herder. He was really the best dog ever!

Sage, the lab I have now, is ball obsessed. However, like Rags who trained her, she is into water diving. She also loves camping and is getting into hiking. She taught me the "two ball throw", tossing both with one hand she will retrieve both, one in each cheek. Looks cute.

Aggie, the BC, is training still to herd. She enjoys sitting on the picnic table surveying her territory and playing tug-o-war with Sage. She's quite young yet, but is enthusiastic about camping and hiking as much as I can do still. She is learning Agility with an FFA member near here. 

The horses have balls. Big rubber balls they love to belt between them. It's fun to watch. My buckskin will kick it to me if I call for it now, and I  do my best to roll it back. She whinnies and kicks it again. The rescue mare stands off a bit still while we play this game. I hope she joins in some day.

Messages In This Thread
What hobbies/ activities do your companion animals enjoy? - by silverwolf1 - 11-04-2018, 02:54 PM