• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Legal

Quote:
19 minutes ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

Mm, nice info there. Welcome to the forum by the way. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" /> 

Thank you. I have felt disheartened by the loss of a number of Zoo refuges online over the years (either physically, or in spirit), so I thought joining here might help keep some kind of flame alive. I've been trying to mentalize and work through this particular topic since the press wave a few days ago. I thought this bill was dead in 2017! Dead, I say!

If there are any sneaky, Floridian, Zoo Congressional aides floating around here, would you mind maybe "accidentally" penning a rework of the act to reference all of USC 18 Section 2242 except (2)(A)? Would be a hell of a lot less stressful that way.

Quote:
26 minutes ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

It is definitely a bad omen, and it was mainly the idiocy and fear of prejudice of one man that drove the recriminalization of the act itself.. A lot of creative prosecution took place in my state before the actual law was passed anyways.

Sad. "Creative prosecution" sounds a whole lot like Enumclaw.

Imagine being righteously angry enough at not being able to dole out punishment to a few deviants that you criminalize a whole sexuality out of spite. At least, never again will those poor prosecutors feel the sting of injustice's terrible, terrible arrow...

Quote:
36 minutes ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

The biggest problem (for me) on the subject of Bestiality / Zoophilia: What about Artificial Insemination? That's perfectly legal and involves DIRECT sexual contact with an animal... Consent or no.. So what does it matter if it's my hand, butt, mouth, or all the above? Or Female anatomy that provides outlet..? Also, what does it matter if the human enjoys the contact or not?

The hilarious kicker is that PACT too has the usual laundry list of exceptions. It's like their care ends where their wallets begin, and that's not to mention their big old buckets of political capital that they need to keep from emptying. Heaven forbid an animal welfare law with some honesty is passed for once...maybe the threat of such a thing will actually scare people into adopting some consistent principles regarding the other species in our midst. But, ah, who am I kidding?

Modern, Western folks tend to either infantilize or super anthropomorphize domestic species. Either way then, like you say, for those species you'd think they'd find the idea of literal rape and non-con impregnation (or the idea of serial non-con pregnancies until you are old and barren and your body can't physically take it anymore) to be absolutely abhorrent, like beyond R-rated body horror movie levels of bad. But whatever, that's just normal husbandry, and it's important to be making money off of your literal live stock. I mean who doesn't like making fat stacks off of their weird baby slaves who are basically homeless in our social order?

Also, whether you enjoy touching a horse's butt, regardless of whether or not the horse cares, completely and totally determines how you interact with humans. Don't you know? It totally means you'd touch the human butt when the human doesn't want you to touch it, and that makes you a disgusting asocial prick. Even though you might not even find humans attractive at all....

Quote:
1 hour ago, WinterGreenWolf said:

I agree though, I do hope people see the truth at some point. [img]<fileStore.core_Emoticons>/emoticons/smile.png[/img]/emoticons/[email protected] 2x" title=":)" width="20" />  Life would be at least a little easier.

It would be nice if people came around one day to the idea that non-human intelligence, emotion, and agency are all worth something, but I'm not going to hold my breath. And, personally, I find a sense of ease in life to be a relative thing, greatly influenced by perspective.

Also, sorry for all the dripping sarcasm, it's kind of therapeutic for me. I'm not some crazy radical, I promise... 

Messages In This Thread
Legal - by heavyhorse - 01-30-2019, 08:14 PM
Legal - by WinterGreenWolf - 01-30-2019, 11:10 PM
Legal - by farellfoxx - 01-31-2019, 05:24 AM
Legal - by WinterGreenWolf - 01-31-2019, 08:02 AM
Legal - by Equilibera - 02-01-2019, 05:22 AM
Legal - by WinterGreenWolf - 02-01-2019, 05:49 AM
Legal - by Equilibera - 02-01-2019, 07:42 AM
Legal - by WinterGreenWolf - 02-01-2019, 08:47 AM