• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solicitation vs. Being Solicited, and Courtship in General

Hi all. I thought I would get a sense of the community here as to a question I frequently wonder about. I owe much of my curiosity to my limited long-term practical experience, but also to sheer academic interest...this is an area of human knowledge that is extremely poorly explored. I'm also hoping to stimulate some discussion on how zoos in general socialize with their partners immediately before and after sex (in particular, how ought we).

I realize that this can vary from species to species, as well as by the exact kind of relationship, individuals, and sexes involved. However, what is the ratio (in your experience, honestly) of how much you have been solicited for sex by a member of another species, versus how much you have solicited sex from a member of another species? How many requests from partners versus how many requests from you, to put it more concisely. Numbers don't have to be exact...an anecdotal ratio or percentage would suffice.

To follow up on this, for those with a lot of experience, feel free to play with these questions if you want. How do different species compare in terms of how readily they accept human mates? How do individuals vary inside of the same species? Are solicitation behaviors well understood by both parties, or does it take convincing or a lot of learning? Was there a (steep, easy, etc.) learning curve or adjustment period after first meeting your partner(s), who presumably never had a human mate before? How did that adjustment/learning happen (what was the process like)? Do they continue to exhibit their species' and sexes' usual breeding behaviors towards you, or do they learn to make changes? What kind of changes have they made?

Messages In This Thread
Solicitation vs. Being Solicited, and Courtship in General - by Equilibera - 03-19-2019, 06:01 AM