• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Solicitation vs. Being Solicited, and Courtship in General

Quote:
12 hours ago, Equilibera said:

Have you ever felt that this was something that was unequal with your stallion partners? Do you have to trust him more than he trusts you? Or do you feel like you're in a marish kind of leadership role for him, and thus things are kind of different but equal?

We have two "modes".   When in public or working, we are mount and rider.   He may grumble or wheedle a little bit but he does as told with minimal drama.   When we are alone and especially when the clothes come off, we are "bandmates".   I am his alpha mare in every way that is physically possible for me.   He has had minis for companions and is *very* good with foals so he fully understands size difference and can adapt. 

Hands and personality make up for a lot of size difference.   We are equals in social relationships but have a specializations in other matters.   I believe that a lot of him being one of the best behaved and smartest horses around comes from the fact that he has so much say in his own daily life.  He takes orders from me because he knows that in few hours it will be his turn to give them.   He takes very good care of me because I take very good care of him.

I think that I have tapped into the herd instincts in every horse.   He has a human as his herd buddy and band mare and he knows just how good he has compared to other horses.   I know he brags about it at every available opportunity.

Messages In This Thread
Solicitation vs. Being Solicited, and Courtship in General - by caikgoch - 03-20-2019, 03:51 PM