• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strength in the face of Adversity

I used to be very public and visible, under a different screen name. I made a lot of posts and had a few pages on Tumblr, Deviantart, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit, etc. I even made a zoo pride sign and got photographed with me carrying the sign at the pride parade a few years ago.

I thought I could steer through it by myself, and I was wrong. Someone tried to doxx, told my family about me and that kind of woke me up to what I was dealing with. I was also younger, and naive about a lot of things in the world at that time. You will find you aren't so bold when the threat of losing everything you care about becomes real.

There are a select few friends who know about me, but after I revealed myself to them, I didn't want to run the risk further. I am becoming more visible as a person in meatspace (yay for gaining social skills I guess?), and I don't even plan on having a live-in monogamous relationship, so I have no real need to tell anyone anymore. I know there are probably some friends who would rebuke me from their lives in a hot second if they ever were to know, but I think they are few and far in between, the people I hang out with are extremely open to sexuality and weirdness in general. If it slips out to someone, and someone brings it up, I just plan on saying that I don't want to talk about it. It avoids being disloyal and untrustworthy without making yourself vulnerable, for all anyone knows I could have been forced into it, or forced to get a very visible zeta tattoo by a sadistic sexually crazed ex, I'll let people think what they want to think. People tend to be less violent about extremely controversial aspects if they don't know for certain, or they have any doubts that you even have them in the first place, it's just better to not give anyone anything to go on, at all if you value your life and freedom and that of your animals.

Messages In This Thread
Strength in the face of Adversity - by Equilibera - 06-10-2019, 02:39 AM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by Oregon - 06-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by heavyhorse - 06-10-2019, 12:39 PM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by cervids - 06-10-2019, 10:10 PM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by Equilibera - 06-10-2019, 11:50 PM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by arcticwolf - 06-11-2019, 12:35 AM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by UntamedAnomaly - 06-22-2019, 08:44 AM
Strength in the face of Adversity - by doge1 - 06-29-2019, 03:50 AM