• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place

Quote:
8 hours ago, caikgoch said:

It's a sad thing to say but it's far more cost effective to just buy spares than to try to insure tools and equipment once the financing is over.   

I wish you luck and patience.   If you need suggestions for replacement sources like auctions, PM me.

Spare tractors, manure spreaders, bobcats etc. ? Hmm. Hadn't looked at it like that. They are the losses that hurt. Hard to run a place without them. I also had some kinda irreplaceable horse-drawn equipment I used here that went up. The shop should have been in a separate building and wasn't, so all the tools went too. Neighbors have been great letting me use their excavator and dozer, and even helping me, so I don't have to pay someone and that takes a load off but...

The guy who's housing my horses has offered to buy them, at a very good price, to "help me get back on my feet". If I let them go, I don't know...

I'm not where I was last night but this whole thing has got me kinda defeated. I'm near 60 and some disabled. When I last rebuilt, this place, I was 40, had fire to fight the disabilities, and had a lover, Shadow, beside me. Today I feel I have have little or nothing worth fighting for.

sw

Messages In This Thread
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place - by silverwolf1 - 07-18-2019, 12:14 PM