• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place

<a contenteditable="false" data-ipshover="" data-ipshover-target="<___base_url___>/profile/1422-littlejohn/?do=hovercard" data-mentionid="1422" href="<___base_url___>/profile/1422-littlejohn/">@littlejohn</a> The hay barn had no wiring. The horse barn's where the fire started anyway. Wind brought it everywhere else.

We got the roof cleared yesterday on the horse barn, with breaks for me to go down and take care of the horses, and the Fire Marshall and an Arson Investigator are crawling around above the stalls and whats left of the office and tack room. I guess there might be more than just a bad wire to blame here, and I'm a random target of some jokers looking for a place to get high. Burned spoons found over my office. Pissed! If that's the cause of the fire...

Anyway, on my mood. I went to feed yesterday and found the girl who works for me there brushing the colt. I've told how much she likes him. Well, she had all four horses brushed out and hayed and watered and waiting on their grain. Nothing really left for me but to go over their hooves and legs as she offered to work the next couple weeks sans pay, or at least see to the colt.

I've also told my plans for that colt. He'll be her's in a year after I've taught her more on training him. She's been a hard worker for me since she was 14, and a bright student. She deserves this reward. So that means I'm not selling him.

So that means I'm not selling his mama. So that means I'm rebuilding. 

I won't let her work for free either. I can afford to pay her after all, I'm not poor.

sw 

Messages In This Thread
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place - by silverwolf1 - 07-19-2019, 12:25 PM