• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place

Quote:
21 hours ago, caikgoch said:

Forget Option 2.    "several bent spoons"  Addicts have their personal spoon and don't need more than one.   Some local kids were using it as a shooting gallery.    Addicts are very much creatures of habit.   They will be back in time.  

I'm with caikgoch here, which is why I'm so upset about it. These are folks I've opened my farm to, the local kids. Always welcome and I've been always willing to help out. Not necessarily the same ones, but who knows? The mix of things also points to a bunch of 'experimenters' to me, a little bit of this, a little of that. Room up there for two or three at a time, so it was over a period of time I think and the same few kids.

I'm already designing the barn restore a bit different than it was ( have to restore the horse barn, not rebuild per insurance) eliminating the overhead areas on the office and tack room and adding cameras beyond the foaling and sheep stalls. The alarm system and design of the barn itself probably saved the horses & sheep and will remain unchanged. I'm looking at a metal roof though and sprinkler system. Should add cameras from the road in. That's a bit of territory though.

There's a Mennonite family I sell hay to about 10 miles up the mountain. 2 days ago the father came down to see me about the hay barn and my burned machinery and we made a handshake deal. For cleaning up the machine shed and getting it's contents (except 1 tractor & the bobcat), he rebuilds the hay barn, duck coop and 4 outbuildings. His whole extended family has been here since! My tractor & bobcat are up by the house, duck coop is built, outbuildings completed, and machine shed damned near empty and removed. Poles are up for new hay barn well past the practice ring now. These folks don't fool around.

I'm back in the house, after cutting electric to all other areas and completely rewiring the porch and mudroom/ laundry. Also had to sever circuits from backup generator to each building. Electric will have to be redone and inspected to each building now though.

If the 'druggies' are the fires cause, it's arson, and the pay-out to me increases under my policy. Still doesn't cover my losses, but I'm compensating where I can.

sw

Messages In This Thread
Preparedness in the event of fire, and a fire at my place - by silverwolf1 - 07-21-2019, 09:19 PM