• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roll Call, let us know you're still here...

Quote:
24 minutes ago, heavyhorse said:

You realize there are 2 main ways people get "outed", right?

1)  People you think you trust betray you, either accidentally or because they get pissed off at you for some reason.

2)  Someone looks at your device for some reason, looking for something, suspicious of something, repairing something, randomly finds it or picks it up.

It's a Hideous risk to keep sites, passwords, bookmarks, favorites, etc. even with a password manager.  (Someone needs your password for some completely legit reason and you're open to all kinds of snooping).

Is it really so hard to remember zoowg.org?  furaffinity.net?  protonmail.com?  epic.app?  whatever?  Personally I have absolutely NOTHING on my machine.  I do however have a 13-character memory trick that encodes every site and password in my mind if I don't splatter my brains all over the inside of someone's barn or machine shed.  Not so hard; go to  howsecureismypassword.net or some similar site, use some suggestions to come up with your own memory tricks.  But really, leave a life trail to all your secrets on some device anyone can walk by?!?    

Veracrypt and I don't let people use my machine.

Easier if you have a job to cover for you where people are literally not allowed to use your machine... lol.

Messages In This Thread
Roll Call, let us know you're still here... - by cervids - 08-31-2019, 10:07 PM